85mm f1.4 AIS vs. 28-70mm f2.8 test (for Calvin Nguyen)

vic_.

<p>Hi Calvin, Finally I made some time early this morning to do a home test of the lenses we discussed. Since I was delayed, I decided to add a few lenses to the lineup, so here they are:<br>

<strong>Nikon:</strong><br>

- 28-70mm f2.8<br>

- 85mm f1.4 AIS<br>

- 50mm f1.2 AIS<br>

<strong>Leica:</strong><br>

- 90mm f2.0 APO Asph<br>

- 50mm f1.4 pre-Asph<br>

- 50mm f1.0 Noctilux<br>

So here are the samples, 19 pics to follow.<br>

I didn't have any models available, so I picked random objects that looked ok and had color.<br>

Regards,<br>

Vic</p><div>00T5i2-125699584.jpg.c2dfbeeb4083c31cef6675dc514a6061.jpg</div>

<p>Impressive collection of lenses!<br>

I don't want to rain on your parade, but IF the test is supposed to be a general lens performance test then it would make the test a bit better if WB would be fixed, exposure would be equal, subject magnification and framing would be equal and there would be detail on the edge of the frame. Now this is a test of bokeh and a rather general contrast comparison (but maybe that was the intention?)</p>

<p>Any opinions on the quality of the Bokeh?</p>

<p>The Nikon 50f1.2 @ f1.2 far seems too coherent for 1.2 (comparing the Nikon 50f1.2 @ f1.2 and f2.8 far, the Goya can, lower left of egg, seems about the same readability for both)</p>

<p>The Leica 50's (1.4 and 1.0) at 2.8 near and far shows much more blur than the Nikon 50f1.2.</p>

<p>How is Nikon Bokeh versus Leica? They seem about the same to me, maybe Leica has the edge based on the blur of the green palm tree leaves, for any of the Nikon or Leica samples.</p>