7D tethered to iPad?

steve santikarn

Sure, you can hook it via a USB cable (you need the camera kit installed). But, Somebody needs to write an app if you

wanna do more than upload. I seem to recall a tethering app for the iPhone/touch, but Live View would look pretty crappy without

taking advantage of the extra Rez of the larger screen. Canon will probably never write an iPad app, so it's up to some enterprising individual or small company. Any takers here?

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>It exists already. It is called DSLR Camera Remote made by OneOneSoftware. Allows you to trigger camera from Iphone, Ipod, or Ipad. The only downside is you need to be tethered to a regular computer with wifi. I am cheap and didn't want to buy the Canon WIFI so I bought a cheap 199.00 netbook that's about 4x6" and just velcro it to my tripod legs. I then use my IPAD to fire camera and show my clients how the photos look on the IPAD display. When I am finished the photos are already on the laptop and I and just copy them to a USB key that I give to the clients. Faster than burning to a DVD.<br /> http://www.ononesoftware.com/detail.php?prodLine_id=38<br /> Damn, I just gave up my whole damn work flow for free...</p>