7D at bestbuy and warranty

gerald_matar

<p>i called bestbuy at a location in LA area and they have the canon eos 7D on hold for me to pick it up today oct 13..</p>

<p>i usually buy the camera with a major credit card but this time i am thinking to use bestbuy credit card( is a store card ) because they are offering no interests if paid within 18 month for any item over $499.</p>

<p>what are the disadvantages if i would use this bestbuy credit card instead of a major credit card like AMEX eg.ld</p>

<p>what warranty should i buy? i dont like bestbuy plans..should i get Mack warranty? what other options are available?</p>

<p>thank you very much</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Your American Express card will double the warranty at no extra cost. There appear to be many complaints about Mack warranties. Square Trade (from Ebay) is about the lowest cost around for 3 year warranties and does pay their claims (I have had two myself). </p>

<p> </p>

<p>I don't buy warranties, most cameras don't go wrong and if they do it is usually within the first year when in warranty. I, also, decided to go with best buy because of the no interest, have been taking advantage of that for years, just make sure that you pay it off within the 18 months or they do sock it to you with the interest. When a camera does have a problem a trip to Canon and ususally less then $300 takes care of the problem. My 20D bought 4 years ago had one trip last year. My 5D two years old no problems, my 1Ds five years old no problem, my 1D 5 years old no problems, my G9 problem within first year, my 30D problem third year, but I think that my daughter abused it. I just don't think that one will get your money's worth from a warranty. Most experts recommend that one not buy the warranty.</p>

<p>I have to agree with Manuel on the issue that if there were to be a problem with a camera, it will be early on when the warranty is in effect. Ive had to return two DSLR's as they had major problems right out of the box.</p>

<p>But other than those two cameras, I've never had a digital camera needing work after the warranty has expired.</p>

<p><em>So far.</em></p>

<blockquote>

<p>I have to agree with Manuel on the issue that if there were to be a problem with a camera, it will be early on when the warranty is in effect.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>While that may be so, some additional warranty coverage just extends the life of the original manufacturer's warranty while others, like <a href="http://sagemaxprotectionplan.com/">Sagemax</a> , offer protection for accidents, dropping things, water damage and so on -- stuff the original warranty never covers.</p>

<p>Henry Posner<br /> <strong>B&H Photo-Video</strong></p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video