70D Raw files not avaiable in ACR

angkordave

<p>I have just tried out a Canon 70D prior to purchase and am unable to read the CR2 files.<br /> I have updated LR4, have Photoshop CC, CS6 with Bridge and neither will read the CR2s. I have tried importing the imaged thru LR4 as DNG which does not work either.<br /> Mac OS does recognize the CR2s so I can see the images.<br>

<br /> I have not purchased yet and want to know whether anyone has the same issue. If so does anyone know whether ACR or DNG is going to be updated in the near future. Also I guess I'm going to have to update LR4 to LR5?</p>

<p>Check the archives, this is discussed every time a new camera comes out. You need newer versions of Adobe Camera Raw. Use Adobe's DNG converter (latest version supports 70D) to convert the files to DNG and open these LR/CS6. Or use Canon's DPP which comes with the camera or can be downloaded for free. DPP can output TIFF files to Photoshop.<br /> I'm not sure of your "have Photoshop CC", apart from the fact that you don't have CC, instead Adobe has got you, the idea behind CC is that is is kept up to date; Photoshop CC should be able to read the 70D RAWs, at least when it's up to date.</p>

<p>Lr 4 will never support the 70D - you need (the current) Lr 5.2 and later for that, and I can confirm by doing, that 5.2 does indeed support that body.</p>

<p>I suspect that you need to update ACR in CS6 again.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I have tried importing the images thru LR4 as DNG which does not work either.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>If you've used the latest DNG converter and actually <em>have</em> 70D DNGs, Lr 4 <em>will </em>handle them. You're not saying where the "does not work" happened.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Check the archives, this is discussed every time a new camera comes out.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yep, <em>every</em> time. Baffles me why.</p>

<p>Jamie, Dave says he already tried the DNG conversion route to get the files into Lr 4:</p>

<blockquote>

<p>I have tried importing the images thru LR4 as DNG which does not work either.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Given that you can only import a file as whatever format it is in as you import it, I can only assume he means he's converted them into DNG <em>before</em> exposing Lr to them.</p>

<p>I downloaded the latest DNG update so I can now read the files.<br>

I was impressed enough to buy the 70D today. It will be a good travel camera paired with my GIX. IQ is close to my 5D Mk2 and at 6400 ISO its quite good, outclassing the 7D. <br>

I'll be trying the video soon as the video focusing is a useful feature. I'll be using it with Sig 12-24, Canon 24-105, Canon 50 1.4 & 70-200 F4 IS + 1.4x extender. <br>

I'm waiting for Sigma's 18-35 F1.8 </p>

<blockquote>

<p>Given that you can only import a file as whatever format it is in as you import it,</p>

</blockquote>

<p>If I'm not misunderstanding what you're saying, Lightroom offers the option to convert files to DNG on import. Of course, if the version of LR can't read the original files, it can't make the conversion.</p><div>00c124-542658684.JPG.327a76f2323e3c063c8f330b0d569580.JPG</div>