6x6 Folder in the Columbia Gorge

<p>If you look carefully at the first picture, you will see two fibrous pieces of dust which got on the negative and shadowed it. Dust has been my nemesis with this camera. Every time I load it, I blow it out with my air duster first. I'm slowly winning the battle. Oddly, it's always<em> looked</em> clean. Looks can be deceiving.</p><div>00WLOw-239889684.jpg.004e963ce1ee45d5a9fe67616c1c2754.jpg</div>

<p>I am not responsible for the bull's eye composition of this one. I focused the camera, set the aperture and shutter, and handed it to my housemate. The remaining three shots were taken at home to finish the roll; I haven't scanned them yet.</p><div>00WLP8-239889984.jpg.e49ff129a266cb11aa6f9e8c5946b9d0.jpg</div>

<p>David, these are terrific. The combination of low contrast , softness of the lens, and the low-saturation of Portra's hues, makes these landscapes look almost painted. They remind me of the backdrops of the dioramas at the Museum of Natural History.<br>

I'm jealous that you take an old folder out to such beautiful country ! What lens is on the Solida ?</p>

<p>I'm thinking that probably after scanning, you could have messed with the levels a bit to bring those pics up to something more like the tonal range captured on the negs. The scenery and compositions are great, though. </p>

<p>The softness is a trait of my quick and dirty job of scanning, and how I scanned from prints instead of negatives.<br>

Hope to have more time to tinker with scanner settings later, but that won't happen for a while as my life is pretty hectic right now.</p>