6D with SD Card Reader on MacBook Pro

photog630

After upgrading to a new MacBook Pro recently (using OS High Sierra 10.13.1), I see that Canon's ImageBrowser EX has gone the way of the dinosaurs sometime back in the Yosemite Age. I'd been using it to download files from multiple cards with an SD card reader.

Naturally, I can connect my 6D directly to the laptop and just use the standard EOS utility for downloading.

But with multiple SD cards, I do find it easier to plug in a card reader, and use software that automatically offers date/naming of the files into folders, versus dragging files and naming them manually.

Was wondering if others out there recommend any current software to facilitate this on a mac running High Sierra.

screen.jpg.1d629118f071ee615f48297f73e06cb9.jpg

Plug in the SD card in the reader as you normally do. Click on the card reader. Copy/paste the picture

file into the folder you normally keep your Canon files and then rename the file according to your regular convention. Very easy and fast. Dump the reader file in the trash and remove your card just the way you normally do. Good luck!

Sorry I am of no help on MAC. I am a PC user. I don't think I have used image browser in 10 years. I just plug the camera in to the USB and EOS utility starts and I download all photos to a folder I chose in options. Once done DPP automatically runs. I usually open Lightroom CC and import the new folder. Many times I will edit the name by adding a location or activity after the date. The new 5D Mark IV uses USB 3 so it goes pretty fast. I use two card slots with 128gig memory, fast memory too. My laptop has dual SSD drives so that helps with moving files fast also.

I imagine a MAC Book Pro wouldn't be that much different , my wife and son use them but they are not into photography so I have no clue as to working on the MAC.

Edited by Mark Keefer
Cheers, Mark