617 Anamorphic Pinhole Camera Design without Pinhole but Lens

mustafa_umut_sarac

I am thinking a design inspired by anamorphic pinhole camera. Due to pinhole slow shutter times and making the images real sharp , I thought I can attach an lens to the place of pinhole. But lens must have an shutter and I dont want to pay for zeiss.

What are my options ?

Umut

I bet dan fromm will respond again as usual.

Anamorphic photography requires a lens. There's no such thing as an anamorphic pinhole.

Pinholes project a non-distorted rectilinear image. Whereas an anamorphic lens projects an image that's compressed in one axis (usually the horizontal axis). An anamorphic image requires "decompressing" with a matching projection lens. Or by digital stretching these days.

Perhaps you just mean panoramic?

Any lens with an image circle of >17cm can be used for 6x17 panoramic pictures; it doesn't need to be wideangle. Although I expect that's what you're after.

As Bob says, the 90mm SAXL or f/4.5 Grandagon-N would be suitable, as would an 80mm Super-Symmar XL. None of the above are going to be cheap.

Edited by rodeo_joe|1

RJ, see Build an Anamorphic Pinhole Camera

From https://www.etsy.com/listing/113838722/vermeer-6x17cm-anamorphic-pinhole-camera

Anamorphic type- image is captured on film wrapped on cylinder placed perpendicular to pinhole lens axis

Words don't always mean what they usually do.

Now that I've looked this stuff up, I think that the OP's idea is unworkable.

Edited by dan_fromm|2

Ahh! 'Twould have helped if the OP had provided that link.

"As digital photography slowly takes over, there will always be some things that digital cameras just can't do. One of those things is making anamorphic images!"

Has that guy never played with the warp filters in PhotoShop? I guess there are always people that think making a job more difficult somehow makes the end result more "worthy", "artistic" or otherwise enobled in some way.

Edited by rodeo_joe|1