60D MOVIE HELP

michelle_gifford

<p>I can't recommend the VLC player. It installs the Yahoo Toolbar as a very tenacious virus, along with several shopbots. This warrants the strongest possible warning, since anything that resists uninstallation, as Yahoo Toolbar does, is by definition a virus.</p>

<p>Windows Media Player works well enough most of the time. QuickTime is not so bad except at full resolution. Real Media Player is the default video player on my system, and has not glitched even at fullscreen playback. You very well should try different player software, but again, VLC earns the lowest rating in my opinion. However, if you already Yahoo Toolbar installed, it might not be such a horrible package.</p>

<p>[since anything that resists uninstallation, as Yahoo Toolbar does, is by definition a virus.]</p>

<p>I agree with Rob Bernhard.<br>

Michael, by your definition the operating system is a virus as are most of the system critical components.<br>

VLC is great, if you really want to media player you can download the k-lite codecs which do a reasonable job for most file formats. The up side to using them is you get to be able to edit a whole lot of fomats in Windows Movie Maker :)</p>