600si 'help' flashing on lcd

paul_clayton

Paul, you could try removing the battery for a few minutes, replace it and then press the manual rewind button, this may clear the film jam. If that doesn't work I think your only hope of rescuing the film is if you can remove it in a changing bag. My 500si did this a lot though I was always able to clear it by removing the battery.

Right, got the film out in a dark room. Now that the camera has no film in it, the LCD still flashes with the word help. Removing the battery for a few minutes does not clear it. I even left the battery out over night but it still flashes help. Is there a way to reset the 600si? A secret combination of buttons maybe? Otherwise, is it worth sending for repair? It is in MINT condition.

Cheers

Paul

Moisture? Humidity? Corrosion?

Clean and dry all electrical contacts with isopropyl alcohol -- DX sensor contacts, battery contacts, lens contacts, and so on. Then blow dry the camera. Blow out everything BUT the shutter area with dry canned air.

Use a NEW battery.

Change to another lens, or NO LENS AT ALL.

Put it in a cool-down oven after setting the oven to 120 degrees, let the oven reach temperature, then shutting the oven off -- wrap the camera in multi layers of a cotton towel first to insulate the camera and provide a medium for absorbing any moisture that may escape from the camera, and leave the camera in the oven for ~6 hours.

Basically, I'm shotgunning.

Review the diagnostic details at

http://www.geocities.com/minolta507si600si650si/?200524

... and then call and perhaps send it in for service.

Here's Minolta USA:

Konica Minolta Photo Imaging U.S.A., Inc.,

Camera Division,

725 Darlington Avenue,

Mahwah, NJ 07430 USA

- Digital and 35mm cameras, scanners, binoculars, consumer and professional film and single-use cameras, color print paper, inkjet paper and minilabs

Phones: 1-800-285-6422 or 1-201-574-4000

Dealer Info: 1-800-MY-KONICA = 1-800-695-6642

USA Assistance (toll free): 1-800-808-4888

G'luck. Let us know how it goes.

Click!

Love and hugs,

Peter Blaise peterblaise@yahoo.com http://www.peterblaisephotography.com/

-- Minolta 507si/600si/650si Photographer