5x7 film holder for Linhof Technika

cecil_pang

Hi,

Can modern 5x7 film holders be used in a very old Linhof Technika

5x7? I am considering buying a Linhof Technika 5x7 but I could not

find any information on what kind of film holder it takes.

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Cecil

I use regular 5x7 Fidelity holders in my Linhof 5x7 bi camera and you can similarly use any new or used 5x7 holders in yours no problem. The bail back is a great feature. Make sure you are comfortable with the weight of the camera as they tip the scale to the same degree as a typical field 8x10 camera (12.1# with rangefinder). My Canham MDQ57 weights in at 5.7#, a pleasure for any distance from the vehicle.

It is a Technika 5x7, not a BiKardan, although I don't really know what the difference is. I think it is older than the Technika III 5x7.

The seller told me that "it takes a thin Linhof film holder". Are Linhof holders thinner than standard 5x7 holders? If they are different, I think I will have a hard time finding matching film holders.

There is an old 5x7 Tech on ebay right now,(seller in Kentucky, I think?) that

LOOKS like it takes the old single sided holders someone else mentioned.

The GG slides out (while holding the latch) then the holders slide in in it's

place.

I don't know how easy those holders are to find....they're not currently made to

the best of my knowledge.

The old metal holders can be difficult to find, but there are usually some on ebay.de. The only thing to remember is that these are nearly always for 13x18cm film, not 5x7". The difference is small, but significant.

You can get adapters to use old holders on new cameras, but I've never seen one for the other way.