5x7 camera case

alex_smith7

<p>Greetings all!<br>

I have not been a regular participant on this forum (this is my first post), but I have been impressed with--and grateful for--the dialogue that takes place on this forum for many years now.<br>

Here then, is my query: Do you have any recommendations for a 5x7 camera case?<br>

To be specific, I am looking for a case along the lines of Justin Gnass's camera cases, a soft-sided, padded case suitable for holding only a 5x7 camera (non-folder). Ideally it would hold the camera snugly *without* any extra room for film holders, lenses, etc. The one major requirement is that it would need to have a shoulder strap, preferably not one that I had to attach later. Interior dimensions would need to accommodate a camera 28x28x18cm. I have looked at photobackpacker.com and Gnass products and have not seen anything suitable, but all recommendations will be greatly appreciated.<br>

Finally, it need not be designed specifically for photo products.<br>

Thank you,<br>

Alex</p>

<p>Hi Alex, one of the best cases I've purchased was for a 4x5 camera (and would work for my old 5x7, save the fact I don't use it anymore). I bought it at an office supply store (Office Depot I think). It is a bigger computer case that has hard sides all the way around. It was around $30. So you might want to get creative. Otherwise, I would think a large Tamrac (which I absolutely love) would probably handle a 5x7.</p>

<p>Somewhere else to look is cabela's or orvis. They both have fly fishing bags that are padded the might work. I don't know if they have your exact size but I was able to find a case that works for my 8x10 lenses. They ones I looked at all came with shoulder straps as well.</p>