5D MKII here it is

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could this mean an updated 1Ds and 1D. Canon cant possibly have the 5D outperform its flagship 1Ds. As posted,

who would pay 8000 for a camera thats images are not what the 5D can produce at about 1/3 the price.

Maybe there's more to come for Photokina. Explains the pre-release. Maybe they plan on "Shocking" the world with

a new 1Ds/1D that will seek out and destroy all Nikons. Who knows. I wish someone had some real images from

this thing to see what we're looking at. Hats off to some of the predictors out there. Several nailed this prediction.

One I read was spot on. One guy on another site said he confirmed "No Live view" due to sensor heat. He was

wrong. Not only did they bring it, the added AF Face detection.

I mean real images from real world photogs of real subjects. Not Canon perfect world shots. Maybe photos from a

theatre for example where they crank it to 6400 and see what they look like. No broad daylight images at 6400 and

f/11. I mean dark enviornment, ISO 6400 f/2.8 images. I'm sure they look great. I just want to see what the full 21Mp

sensor does at these settings. Settings we would actually use. I still like pro bodies, but it should make a great

landscape camera for those who really shot alot of this and could do large prints. Wedding photogs dream I'm sure.

Especially if they are as clean or cleaner than the 1D3 and still giving them 21MP to use.

By the way, link isnt working. Maybe crashed from all the traffic. LOL

"Maybe there's more to come for Photokina. Explains the pre-release. Maybe they plan on "Shocking" the world with a new 1Ds/1D that will seek out and destroy all Nikons."

No, no. The Nikon D3 is still the best compromise camera out there--for those who want compromise. This new 5DII along with the 1Ds III and the existing 1D III pretty much define the terrain of no compromise--specialization, not Nikon's camera that supposedly fits all possible needs, if one believes that such a camera exists.

Since Nikon is not likely to come out with a new DSLR at Photokina, we could be looking at the 35mm digital landscape for at least another year.

I am going to the Nikon thread now to see how the Nikonians to try to play this down. That will be tough, but we will get the usual "I don't need more megapixels." Well, maybe they don't, but 12 mp is beginning to sound pretty small, although admittedly big enough for most applications.

--Lannie

The link's slow, but working for me.

As to "real photos", keep in mind that this camera looks to be diffraction-limited above f/8 or so. And at f/2.8 you're mostly looking at your lens' shortcomings, instead of the sensor's.

But yes, I'd be much interested in photos taken with, say, Canon's 85mm f/1.2 lens at *all* the ISO settings available...

Kaa

If you're using Firefox the Canon Japan link may not work - keeps flipping between web1.canon.jp and web.canon.jp - try it in IE (or chrome ?) or just amend the URL in your locator bar to web1.canon.jp instead of web.canon.jp.

They're not real good images to make a call from. My Canon Powershot A80 can produce good web images...