5D Mk II battery went south.

walter_strong5

<p>I know there was another thread on this topic recently but I can't find it. Less than a year ago I purchased a Li-ion 7.2v 2000mAh battery for my 5D Mk II and that sucker is dead as a doornail. Maybe I'll go through my reciepts and see where I bought it and try to get a refund or exchange. </p>

<p>To my knowledge all Canon "chip" batteries which includes the 5D2 use a special charger that must only be used with a chipped battery. If you purchased a third party battery you may have fried it if you used the Canon charger. Third party batteries can be charged OK with third party chargers. </p>

<p>I've got to imagine the SAKAR was a good battery, but don't know if I could have lived with the empty battery signals or any battery power meter..</p>

<p>Good luck on the replacement.. This is Canon trying to get an exclusive market..</p>

<p>Have you checked that the contacts are clean? My third party 5D battery was showing up as low charge in the camera, but charged after a few minutes in the charger. It still showed up as low charge in the camera. I noticed some discoloration on the + terminal of the battery, and after cleaning the terminal, the battery charged normally.</p>