5D Mark II "main dial" dies intermittently?

shooter1

<p>Hello<br>

I recently Purchased a Canon 5D Mark II from a Canadian company called "Simmons Camera". I did this because the US dollar is stronger than the Canadian dollar, and I thought I could save quite a bit of money. I knew I would be giving up my Canon USA warranty but I took the risk after seeing the price difference. <br>

Well, I got the camera in three days, since they offer a very inexpensive Express mail service to the USA.</p>

<p>Everything was going swell for the first few weeks and I patted myself on the back for having discovered this great pricing loop-hole. </p>

<p>Unfortunately, the party has come to an end. The "main dial" on the camera now stops working intermittently at the worst possible moments.</p>

<p>Has anyone else experienced this problem?</p>

<p>I have attached a photo of the mail dial.</p><div>00TuEu-153485584.jpg.9bc35e2dcc274e03d42cd4b533c039ca.jpg</div>

<blockquote>

<p>I patted myself on the back for having discovered this <a href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00TuEu" target="_blank">great pricing</a> loop-hole.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>What price was that. The lowest I've seen it here in the US was for 2499 at Bestbuy, but only for a week. Anything significantly lower than that should raise alarms for any smart person. I purchased mine at BH and have had nothing but a wonderful time with it, no problems. If any I just call BH and they send it out to canon like they did with my 30D in the past or I can just drive 40miles to Irvine and drop it off there like I did with my 40D. Giving up warranty does not make anysense on a camera that is 500usd+. Double check you camera, make sure you did not get the made in Taiwan imitations.</p>

<p>I just spoke with a REP at Simmons Camera and they told me to send it in immediately. </p>

<p>They explained that Canon has a "lemon" policy and that they will have to send it to Canon for inspection.</p>

<p>I will keep everyone posted.</p>

<p>The camera arrived at "simmon's Camera" at their Montreal, Canada location and I got a call from the Manager, Vince. He told me that the camera usually needs to be sent to Canon to have it looked at. </p>

<p>He then explained that he was going to skip all the red tape and make an "executive decision" to have a new camera sent to me immediately. He further explained that if I had any more problems the camera carried a two year warranty, and I could send it to them at any time if I had any other problems.</p>

<p>Incredible! I saved a ton of money on my 5D Mark II and got the best service I've ever had.</p>