5D Mark II LCD does not display

Discussion in 'Canon EOS' started by sue_deutscher, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Greetings all.
    My 5D Mark II quit displaying the shooting data, such as aperture, white balance, etc. when I depress the shutter half way. It does display the image for a few seconds after making a shot.
    Has this happened to anyone else? I really appreciate any help.
    Sue Deutscher

2. zml

zml

No idea why, but perhaps reading the manual might help...

3. Press the INFO button on the back. With that you can cycle through several information display possibilities, including totally off.

4. Michael, I checked out the manual but didn't see anything about that.
    Brad, I cycled through the INFO button, but didn't see any option to turn it totally off. It just has options as to how to view the histogram, etc.
    Sorry to be a pain but I sure like seeing that. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd sure appreciate it, Sue

5. P.S., thank you, Michael and Brad

6. If the Info button is showing/hiding histogram displays you are in image review mode, Press the shutter release button lightly to return
    to shooting mode. Now press the Info button. It functions differently in shooting mode.

7. Thank you, Dan. I tried that but still nothing. I mean I did exactly that, blank. But I went back to the manual (online) and did a search on 'Info' and poked around to page 210, in case this happens to anyone else. Navigated to the INFO button and set it on 'Shoot. func.' and now it works!
    Thank you! Sue