5D Battery Grip showing incorrect battery life

jacqui valdivia

<p>Has anyone had the problem where your batteries are fully charged but on my Canon 5d it is showing only one bar and then goes out not long after. I check the batteries again and they are fully charged, I checked to see if it is the camera and no ti is showing the batteries charged to so it has to be the grip. It is a canon grip and not a third party grip either. Any one have any suggestions on how to fix this?</p>

<p>You might try cleaning both battery contacts (inside grip) and grip contacts (where it pokes into the camera). Chemical deposits and greasy fingerprints have been know to cause battery problems. A wee bit of contact cleaner on a Q-tip works well or alcohol in a pinch. The idea is to degrease and remove stubborn deposits.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>it might also be a weak spring on the contacts on the BG post (that goes into the camera), or dirty P spring (the sprung contact that communicates w/ the batt's MC). Is this occuring w/ multiple sets of batts, or just one set?</p>

<p>Obviously you've registered the batts w/ the camera... what info does it display about the batts in question?</p>