55 Years Ago - October 1959

<p>Great..I recall arguing the toss over buying a Graphic or a Linhof 6x7 rollfilm back. The Linhof version was at least 3 times the price of the Graphic, but the build was superb and that eventually persuaded me. Wish I'd bought a sack full, seeing what they fetch today... Thanks,<strong> Marc</strong>, you certainly extend my coffee breaks.</p>

<p>Swiftly hijacking the thread--do you by any chance have the article <em>Modern</em> did on warranty rights? The one with the guy who needed repair on his Conspicumat (made by Conspicu Kogaku), and got an answer when the customer service rep accidentally answered the phone?</p>

<p>Mr. Bergman,<br>

Thank you for your continuing series of same-month many years ago. I have some of the same magazines and even read some of them when they were new. It takes a lot of effort to do all the photocopying and posting to Flickr. Yet each month, you continue to make that effort on behalf of your fellow photo enthusiasts. You're truly a Photonet member who operates on the original Photonet spirit of sharing the hobby with one another. </p>

<p>I look forward to your February posts showing Dynachrome vs Kodachrome. I have tried to buy that old issue but have not been able to find it. </p>

<p>A. T. Burke</p>

<p>Mr. Burke,</p>

<p>Thank you for your kind words. I find this forum to be a special place. There is so much sharing of information and experiences that one gets caught up in the enthusiasm. </p>

<p>Did you see Rick Drawbridge's post on the photographer Fred Lyon. Mr. Lyon has a book out with photographs of San Francisco from 1940-1960. I think you would appreciate his work.</p>