john_g10

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google translation:

EOS 50D

高画质 High-definition

采用佳能自主开发生产的CMOS图像感应器,实现了约1510万有效像素的高画质。 Canon developed and produced independently by the CMOS image sensor, has about 15.1 million effective pixel high-definition.

配备佳能新开发的DIGIC 4数字影像处理器,再现细腻、自然的色彩! Equipped with newly developed Canon DIGIC 4 digital video processor, reproduce delicate, natural color!

镜头内置防抖功能,降低因手抖造成的影像模糊,带来更多拍摄乐趣! Anti-Shake feature built-in camera, due to lower Shoudou the fuzzy images, taken more fun!

低通滤镜前采用氟涂层有效减少灰尘粘附,佳能特有的感应器除尘对策 Low-pass filter used before the fluorine coating effectively reduce dust adhesion, Canon unique sensor dust Measures

高性能 High Performance

拥有约1510万有效像素、约6.3张/秒的高速连拍性能。 Has about 15.1 million effective pixels, about 6.3 / s high-speed Continuous Performance. 在实现高速连拍的同时,保证高分辨率,并在瞬间完成高精度对焦! In high-speed shot at the same time, ensure that high-resolution, high precision and focus in a snap!

配备高精度35区测光感应器,可根据拍摄环境,通过4种测光模式,掌握光线的微妙差异,拍摄更加精彩的影像。 35 meter area equipped with high-precision sensors that can be taken in accordance with the environment, through the four kinds of segment, master the subtle differences in lighting, shooting more exciting image.

性能卓越的9点宽区十字型自动对焦(AF)系统。 9:00 outstanding performance of the Cross-wide area AF (AF) system.

操控性人性化操控,轻松拍摄心中所想! Manipulation of human manipulation, which would easily take heart!

采用全新92万点VGA 3.0英寸液晶监视器,抑制反射,防污痕防刮擦,即使在明亮的光线下也可轻松浏览。 With a new 920,000 points VGA 3.0-inch LCD monitor, inhibiting reflection, pollution prevention scratch marks, even in bright light, may also easy to navigate.

在拍摄过程中,可直观的在液晶监视器上调整拍摄设置,简单方便 In the course of filming, intuitive in the LCD monitor on the adjustment of shooting settings, easy and convenient

通过液晶监视器取景拍摄的“实时显示拍摄”功能。 LCD monitors through the viewfinder filming of "real-time display filming" feature.

坚固的镁合金机身、快门使用寿命达10万次。 Rugged magnesium alloy body, shutter life of 10 million.

丰富的功能拍摄的【乐趣】变为【愉悦】 Enrich the functions of shooting into the [fun] [good]

可以根据被摄体选择相应的拍摄效果的“照片风格”功能 Pi Sheti can select the appropriate effect of the shooting "style photos" feature

可以根据被摄体的亮度自动调节亮度/反差的“自动亮度优化”功能。 Pi Sheti can automatically adjust the brightness of brightness / contrast between the "automatic brightness optimization" feature.

将您常用的功能注册到我的菜单,可迅速找到 You will be registered to the common features of the menu, I can quickly find

提高拍摄灵活性、辅助拍摄的各种配件 Improve the flexibility of shooting, supporting the various shooting accessories

包括Digital Photo Professional在内的丰富软件 Including the Digital Photo Professional software, the rich

This does sound believable. Over in some other forums few canon dealers have been quoted as having tried their hands on a new 15MP camera in a recent canon meeting in Hawaii.

However, beyond 15MP, I don't see any difference in specs from 40D (if we leave the question of IS aside). It is a relief to know that the camera is pict-bridge compatible (what would I do without it!)

According to Shun (Nikon forum moderator), who can read chinese, the anti shake feature is still in the lens, despite the Google machine translation saying that it's in the body. That is somewhat more believable.

If it had body based IS, my order would have been in on the day or release. As it is, it's very nice, but I doubt that I'll feel the need to upgrade from a 40D.

It does have ISO 6400 and 12800 I think (via custom functions), but obviously if it does we;ll have to wait and see how the image quality holds up.

The specs would have been perfect for me if it has body IS. But I guess It wont have a Body IS, Cause having a Body IS on a Canon body this year, is simply too good to be true. Perhaps , maybe 3 years from now, or when Nikon finally release a dslr body with IS.

I too, dont think it is a worthy upgrade for those who own a 40d. I dont find it compelling enough, based on the specs, to buy it.

<P><i>If it had body based IS, my order would have been in on the day or release. As it is, it's very nice, but I doubt that I'll feel the need to upgrade from a 40D.</i></P>

<P></P>

<P>Maybe someone at Canon should take that comment to heart?</P>

<P></P>

<P>I don't understand the in lens vs. in body mentality from the perspective of Canon (or Nikon). Why can't there be in body IS that just turns off when an IS lens is attached? Or perhaps the two could even be engineered to cooperate for improved stability? Either way I would still pay for IS on the telephotos it has already been added to because the stabilized viewfinder is worth it.</P>

<P></P>

<P>Ah...I'm going off topic here. Sorry :-)</P>

Canon presumably don't want to kill their sales of IS lenses, or to "follow the lead" of lesser companies. Never underestimate the power of NIH (Not Invented Here) in the corporate world.

You'd have to pay for IS in telephotos anyway, since they do not offer non-IS versions. In fact the 70-200 zooms are currently the only lenses in the entire lineup on which you have the choice of IS or non-IS (since the non-IS version of the 300/4L is no longer offered). Maybe you can still get the EF-S 18-55 kit lens in a non-IS version too, but the price difference there is small.

I've been saying for a year now that I want IS in the body (as well as in the lens). I think a lot of people are saying the same things. I'm sure Canon is aware of the sentiment, but I assume they won't do much about it until they feel that they have to. The very best thing that could happen would be if Nikon brought out a body with image stabilization. That would probably do a lot more to push Canon towards offering body based IS than requests from consumers.

Bob Atkins forwarded me the link to Canon China earlier. This sentence "镜头内置防抖功能" in what Mike S. quotes above specifies that the vibration prevention (IS) capability is inside the lens.

Unfortunately, that original page is no longer accessable.

They also mentioned a fluoride layer on the low-pass filter to prevent dust from sticking.

Given that information is directly from a Canon (China) web site, I suppose the official announcement is just days away.

is it possible that they can add a body based digital image stabilization (like what's used on some digital camcorders) where it sort of automatically crops or uses extra sensor area to maintain a still frame within a larger detected frame? This seems like more of a possibility with the evolution of live view where you actually have the sensor continually picking up information. Of course, they'd have to make it play nice with IS lenses (which use optical image stabilization instead of digital), maybe by turning off the digital IS.

Either way, I wouldn't read too much into this translation, but I'm excited since the 50D is my next planned upgrade. The sooner the better!

From http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/cameras/Canon_50D.html

Annouced on 26th Aug (Start sellling in late Sept)

15.10 MP 3.0' VGA monitor, 6.3FPS, 9 point AF, LV, improved dust-removal system(or improved LV as well)

Body only:150000 Yen, With 17 - 65 85 200000 Yen, With 18-200 220000 Yen, 18-200 lens 80000 Yen.

Digic IV will be used in the upcoming IXUS but not on 50D.

This is what I got from a Taiwan website, claimed copying from the China Canon site that leaked the infomation, and my translation

CMOS影像感應器尺寸 22.3x14.9mm, 1.6X 焦長轉換, 有效像素 約 1510萬像素, 長寬比 3:2 > CMOS sensor 22.3X14.9mm, 1.6X chop factor, 1510 effective no of pixel, aspect ratio 3:2

DIGIC 4 影像處理引擎, 14 Bit A/D 轉換器 > Digic 4 processing engine, 14bit A/D converter

除塵方式:進化的自動除塵裝置, 自動、手動、軟體添加除塵數據 > Advanced dust removal system: automatic, manual and via software

紀錄成像 -- > Image recording

大:約 1510萬像素(4752 x 3168)> Large resolution

中:約 800萬像素(3456 x 2304)> Medium resolution

小:約 370萬像素(2352 x 1568)> Small resolution

RAW:約1510萬像素(4752 x 3168)> RAW resolution

支援 sRAW1:約710萬像素 (3267 x 2178)> sRAW1 resolution

支援 sRAW2:約380萬像素 (2376 x 1584) > sRAW2 resolution

可以同時記錄 RAW+JPEG > Can record RAW+JPEG at the same time

自動對焦點 9(全部為十字型) > 9 AF points, all cross type

測光範圍 EV -0.5 - 18(23°C/73°F、ISO 100) > Metering range EV-0.5 - 18

對焦模式 單次自動對焦、人工智慧伺服自動對焦、 人工智慧自動對焦、手動對焦(MF) > AF mode - Single shot, AI servo, AI focus, Manual

可以進行自動對焦微調 > with AF micro-adjustment feature

測光模式 35區TTL全開光圈測光 > 35 areas TTL metering, Metering modes:

‧ 評價測光(可與任何自動對焦點聯動)> Evaluative metering, link to AF point

‧ 局部測光(取景器中央約9%的面積)> Partial metering 9%

‧ 點測光(取景器中央約3.8%的面積)> Spot metering 3.8%

‧ 中央重點平均測光 > Centre weighted average

ISO, 基本拍攝區模式:在ISO 100-1600之間自動設置 > Basic mode ISO100-1600

創意拍攝區模式:ISO 100 - 3200(以1/3級為增量)、自動,ISO感光度可以擴展到ISO 6400或ISO 12800 > Creative Mode ISO 100-3200, can boost up to 6400 and 12800

快門速度: 1/8000秒至30秒、B門 閃光同步速度1/250秒 > Shutter speed 30s-1/8000s, and B. Flash sync 1/250s

連拍速度-- > Continuous shooting speed

高速:最大約 6.3張/秒 > Fast - 6.3fps

低速:最大約 3張/秒 > Slow - 3fps

最大連拍數量-- > Buffer size

(高速連拍) JPEG大/優:約60張(約90張) > JPEG Large/Medium - 60/90

RAW:約16張(約16張) > RAW - 16

RAW+JPEG大/優:約10張(約10張) > RAW+JPEG - 10

LiveView顯示拍攝-- > Live View Mode

對焦 快速模式(相位差檢測)> Live view mode 1 via phase detection AF

實時模式、實時臉部優先模式(反差檢測)- > Live view mode 2 via contrast detection, with face detection capability

視野率 垂直/水平方向約95% 放大倍率 約 0.95倍 > Viewfinder 95% coverage, 0.95X magnification

LCD螢幕尺寸和點數-- > LCD Screen

3英寸,約 92萬點(VGA)視野率 約100% > 3" 920,000pixel LCD, 100% coverage

儲存媒體:I或II型CF卡、UDMA兼容 > Support CF 1&II, support UDMA

支援 HDMI mini OUT端子 C型 > Support HDMI, type C output socket

使用電池BP-511A, 兼容電池 電池BP-511A、BP-514、BP-511或BP-512 > Support battery BP-511A, compatible with BP-511A、BP-514、BP-511or BP-512

支援無線文件傳輸器 WFT-E3 > Support Wireless Transmitter WFT-E3

尺寸(寬x高x厚) 145.5x107.8x73.5mm > Size

重量 約730克(僅機身)> Weight (body only)

I think it is real. Hope the above helps. May see the formal announcement on 26 August.

This is what I got from a Taiwan website, claimed copying from the China Canon site that leaked the infomation, and my

translation

CMOS影像感應器尺寸 22.3x14.9mm, 1.6X 焦長轉換, 有效像素 約 1510萬像素, 長寬比 3:2 > CMOS sensor 22.3X14.9mm,

1.6X chop factor, 1510 effective no of pixel, aspect ratio 3:2

DIGIC 4 影像處理引擎, 14 Bit A/D 轉換器 > Digic 4 processing engine, 14bit A/D converter

除塵方式:進化的自動除塵裝置, 自動、手動、軟體添加除塵數據 > Advanced dust removal system: automatic, manual

and via software

紀錄成像 -- > Image recording

大:約 1510萬像素(4752 x 3168)> Large resolution

中:約 800萬像素(3456 x 2304)> Medium resolution

小:約 370萬像素(2352 x 1568)> Small resolution

RAW:約1510萬像素(4752 x 3168)> RAW resolution

支援 sRAW1:約710萬像素 (3267 x 2178)> sRAW1 resolution

支援 sRAW2:約380萬像素 (2376 x 1584) > sRAW2 resolution

可以同時記錄 RAW+JPEG > Can record RAW+JPEG at the same time

自動對焦點 9(全部為十字型) > 9 AF points, all cross type

測光範圍 EV -0.5 - 18(23°C/73°F、ISO 100) > Metering range EV-0.5 - 18

對焦模式 單次自動對焦、人工智慧伺服自動對焦、 人工智慧自動對焦、手動對焦(MF) > AF mode - Single shot, AI

servo, AI focus, Manual

可以進行自動對焦微調 > with AF micro-adjustment feature

測光模式 35區TTL全開光圈測光 > 35 areas TTL metering, Metering modes:

‧ 評價測光(可與任何自動對焦點聯動)> Evaluative metering, link to AF point

‧ 局部測光(取景器中央約9%的面積)> Partial metering 9%

‧ 點測光(取景器中央約3.8%的面積)> Spot metering 3.8%

‧ 中央重點平均測光 > Centre weighted average

ISO, 基本拍攝區模式:在ISO 100-1600之間自動設置 > Basic mode ISO100-1600

創意拍攝區模式:ISO 100 - 3200(以1/3級為增量)、自動,ISO感光度可以擴展到ISO 6400或ISO 12800 > Creative

Mode ISO 100-3200, can boost up to 6400 and 12800

快門速度: 1/8000秒至30秒、B門 閃光同步速度1/250秒 > Shutter speed 30s-1/8000s, and B. Flash sync 1/250s

連拍速度-- > Continuous shooting speed

高速:最大約 6.3張/秒 > Fast - 6.3fps

低速:最大約 3張/秒 > Slow - 3fps

最大連拍數量-- > Buffer size

(高速連拍) JPEG大/優:約60張(約90張) > JPEG Large/Medium - 60/90

RAW:約16張(約16張) > RAW - 16

RAW+JPEG大/優:約10張(約10張) > RAW+JPEG - 10

LiveView顯示拍攝-- > Live View Mode

對焦 快速模式(相位差檢測)> Live view mode 1 via phase detection AF

實時模式、實時臉部優先模式(反差檢測)- > Live view mode 2 via contrast detection, with face detection capability

視野率 垂直/水平方向約95% 放大倍率 約 0.95倍 > Viewfinder 95% coverage, 0.95X magnification

LCD螢幕尺寸和點數-- > LCD Screen

3英寸,約 92萬點(VGA)視野率 約100% > 3" 920,000pixel LCD, 100% coverage

儲存媒體:I或II型CF卡、UDMA兼容 > Support CF 1&II, support UDMA

支援 HDMI mini OUT端子 C型 > Support HDMI, type C output socket

使用電池BP-511A, 兼容電池 電池BP-511A、BP-514、BP-511或BP-512 > Support battery BP-511A, compatible with BP-

511A、BP-514、BP-511or BP-512

支援無線文件傳輸器 WFT-E3 > Support Wireless Transmitter WFT-E3

尺寸(寬x高x厚) 145.5x107.8x73.5mm > Size

重量 約730克(僅機身)> Weight (body only)

I think it is real. Hope the above helps. May see the formal announcement on 26 August.