500cm: light leak bottom of 1st frame on every roll

Discussion in 'Medium Format' started by kurt_kaufman, Oct 1, 2016.

1. 500cm here. using an a16 with unmatched serial numbers. the leak totally whites out the bottom third or so of the first shot of every roll, evenly across the frame. the leak doesn't show up on my a12 shots. any ideas?

Is it worth pointing out that my negatives are being lab developed? Maybe the problem is on their end?

2. I always store my camera without the dark slide in place allowing the light proofing foam to remain "swollen" to prevent light leak especially on the first frame. Give it a try!

3. You need new seals in the film back...........I would guess the camera set for a while before you shoot the first frame? The longer between frames give the light leak a longer exposure.

4. There is a chance the problem is due to the lab. Some of them start to unroll the paper back with the lights on to reach the beggining of the film (it has happened to me many times). Try to advance a little bit further than the arrows aligment when you load the film and note if the burnt area changes accordingly