500C question

dominicbyrne

<p>Hi</p>

<p>I will be picking up a Hasselblad 500C shortly which belonged to my father.<br>

It is clearly labelled as a 500C but the serial number starts UV which I believe dates it to 1971 and the lens number is also from 1971.<br>

Will that mean the screen is likely to be the CM type and easily removed or is it a 50/50 chance?</p>

<p>Thanks for any advise offered</p>

<p> </p>

It would mean that it is in fact a pre-C/M label 500 C/M, yes.<br><br>You can find out fairly easily: have a look at the screen in the camera itself, and see whether there are two retaining clips over the left and right edge of the screen (easier to se when you remove the finder: remove the magazine and slide the finder out towards the rear).<br><br>If there are, all you need to do is push the clips to the side and turn the camera upside down to let the screen drop out, put in another screen and slide the finder back in again (the finder will push the retaining clips back over the edge of the screen again).<br><br>If there are no such clips, four tiny screws in the corners instead, it's not an interchangeable screen.

<blockquote>

<p>If there are no such clips, four tiny screws in the corners instead, it's not an interchangeable screen.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>The 500C/M has four adjusting screws also, but they're along the sides, not in the cormers.</p>

<p>Just a clarification.</p>

<p>- Leigh</p>