5-Year USA Warranty on the New Nikon 16-35mm/f4 AF-S VR

dmitry_kiyatkin

<blockquote>

<p>"I am just looking at the Adorama listing and there is no mention of 5 years, while there is for all other N lenses."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Ask Adorama whether that listing is for a Nikon USA or gray market version. Either way, an advertisement should not be considered the official policy of a manufacturer.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"Maybe would be easier just to call Nikon on this."</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Always a good idea. Certainly preferable to misinterpretations based on possibly erroneous ads and often-unreliable web pundits.</p>

<p>A few members in this forum already have the new 16-35mm/f4 AF-S. If they have the Nikon USA version, perhaps they can tell us whether it comes with the 5-year extended warranty or not. Otherwise, I can always check with Nikon USA tomorrow if we don't have an answer by then. It is already after 6pm on the East Coast.</p>

<p>i found no limitation on particular lenses at the nikonusa site. so long as they're purchased at an authorized dealer, the one-year warranty includes a "five-year extension":<br>

<a href="http://support.nikontech.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16192/session/L3NpZC8za09mcm5Xag%3D%3D/kw/usa%20lens%20warranty/p/81/r_id/116678/sno/1">http://support.nikontech.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16192/session/L3NpZC8za09mcm5Xag%3D%3D/kw/usa%20lens%20warranty/p/81/r_id/116678/sno/1</a></p>

<p>Well this is interesting. I just got off the phone with Nikon Support USA (<strike>1-808-645-6689</strike>), and was told that Nikon has been inundated with calls regarding whether the Nikon 16-35mm f4 purchased from an authorized USA Nikon dealer includes a 5 year extended warranty. The Nikon Support team has not been able to get a definitive answer themselves. They said that as soon as possible, warranty information regarding the Nikon 16-35mm f4 will be posted on their USA web site.</p>

<p>Nikon Support USA (<strike>1-808-645-6689</strike>) is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.</p>

<p>In the US, Nikon's phone number is (800) NIKON-US, which is (800) 645-6687. For their digital products, it is (800) 645-6689 [(800) NIKON-UX].</p>

<p>I sure hope that whoever has the number (80<strong>8</strong>) 645-6689 won't get a lot of calls.</p>

<p>I'll try to get in touch with my contact at Nikon on Tuesday if that is necessary.</p>

<blockquote>

<P>

Subject: Re: Nikon 16-35mm/f4 - SKU: NK1635U

</P>

<BR>

<p >Dear Shun</p>

<p > </p>

<p > </p>

<p >Yes, this item does come with a Nikon 5 year USA warranty.</p>

<P>

Sincerely

</P>

<P>

Helen Oster

<BR>

Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

</P>

</blockquote>

<p>

<p>Folks, I have just received confirmation from <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=3913334">Helen Oster</a> of Adorama that the new 16-35mm/f4 AF-S VR does come with the usual Nikon USA 5-year extended warranty, just like any other new lens sold through Nikon USA.</p>

<p>Hopefully that answers the question once for all. Thanks a lot Helen.</p>

<p>If Dimitry was confused because Adorama did not mention that on their web site, this clarification is from Adorama.</p>

<p>Photo.net's editor Hannah Thiem is currently attending the WPPI in Las Vegas, and she is trying out both the new 24mm/f1.4 AF-S and 16-35mm/f4 AF-S VR, supplied from Nikon. She verified with them that both lenses have the usual one-year Nikon USA warranty and then an extended 4 additional years.</p>

<p>I also checked with Jason Odell, whose 16-35 review was discussed in the following thread: <a href="http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00Vtsm">http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00Vtsm</a><br>

Jason confirmed that his lens comes with the usual 5-year (1+4) Nikon USA warranty.</p>