5-Year USA Warranty on the New Nikon 16-35mm/f4 AF-S VR

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by dmitry_kiyatkin, Mar 8, 2010.

1. I thought this was a standard feature for the USA market.
    Dmitry

2. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Administrator

Why are you asking this question? Have you seen something different?
    The 5-year extended warranty on lenses has been standard for Nikon USA for about a decade.

3. Warranty information here.

4. So is according to Nikon site it does seem that all lenses have a 5 year warranty. I am just looking at the Adorama listing and there is no mention of 5 years, while there is for all other N lenses. Maybe would be easier just to call Nikon on this.

5. "I am just looking at the Adorama listing and there is no mention of 5 years, while there is for all other N lenses."​
    Ask Adorama whether that listing is for a Nikon USA or gray market version. Either way, an advertisement should not be considered the official policy of a manufacturer.
    "Maybe would be easier just to call Nikon on this."​
    Always a good idea. Certainly preferable to misinterpretations based on possibly erroneous ads and often-unreliable web pundits.

6. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Administrator

A few members in this forum already have the new 16-35mm/f4 AF-S. If they have the Nikon USA version, perhaps they can tell us whether it comes with the 5-year extended warranty or not. Otherwise, I can always check with Nikon USA tomorrow if we don't have an answer by then. It is already after 6pm on the East Coast.

7. Well this is interesting. I just got off the phone with Nikon Support USA (1-808-645-6689), and was told that Nikon has been inundated with calls regarding whether the Nikon 16-35mm f4 purchased from an authorized USA Nikon dealer includes a 5 year extended warranty. The Nikon Support team has not been able to get a definitive answer themselves. They said that as soon as possible, warranty information regarding the Nikon 16-35mm f4 will be posted on their USA web site.
    Nikon Support USA (1-808-645-6689) is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

8. B&H shows the 5 year warranty on the product page. It is on the right in the "What's in the box", box.
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/675838-USA/Nikon_2182_AF_S_Nikkor_16_35mm_f_4G.html

9. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Administrator

In the US, Nikon's phone number is (800) NIKON-US, which is (800) 645-6687. For their digital products, it is (800) 645-6689 [(800) NIKON-UX].
    I sure hope that whoever has the number (808) 645-6689 won't get a lot of calls.
    I'll try to get in touch with my contact at Nikon on Tuesday if that is necessary.

10. Sorry about the incorrect prefix, folks. Thanks for catching the mistake, Shun.

11. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Administrator

Subject: Re: Nikon 16-35mm/f4 - SKU: NK1635U

Dear Shun
    Yes, this item does come with a Nikon 5 year USA warranty.
    Sincerely
    Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador​
    Folks, I have just received confirmation from Helen Oster of Adorama that the new 16-35mm/f4 AF-S VR does come with the usual Nikon USA 5-year extended warranty, just like any other new lens sold through Nikon USA.
    Hopefully that answers the question once for all. Thanks a lot Helen.
    If Dimitry was confused because Adorama did not mention that on their web site, this clarification is from Adorama.

12. ShunCheung

ShunCheung Administrator

Photo.net's editor Hannah Thiem is currently attending the WPPI in Las Vegas, and she is trying out both the new 24mm/f1.4 AF-S and 16-35mm/f4 AF-S VR, supplied from Nikon. She verified with them that both lenses have the usual one-year Nikon USA warranty and then an extended 4 additional years.
    I also checked with Jason Odell, whose 16-35 review was discussed in the following thread: http://www.photo.net/nikon-camera-forum/00Vtsm
    Jason confirmed that his lens comes with the usual 5-year (1+4) Nikon USA warranty.