4k tv for display

<p>Moderator: recatagorize if necessary<br>

So I'm sorta thinking about a 4k tv (~55") for display. They look pretty impressive in the showroom, and I took some jpgs on a stick (usb thumb drive) to my cousin's smart tv, and they displayed nicely.<br>

Let me make it clear that I am not planning to replace my computer monitor with a tv, this would sit alone unconnected to my computer and exist as a digital picture frame.<br>

Tacky concept? ... well, maybe; but I live in an apartment - don't have a lot of wall space - not capable or interested in learning the art of framing - rather put the energy into shooting and processing.<br>

Choosing: What to look for. keeping in mind: the purpose as a picture display device; and I'm majorly ignorant of tv <br>

OLED LED LCD -- any real differences? or other choices?<br>

flat/curved -- curve just a gimmick?<br>

is colour gamut an issue? differences in models/technologies?<br>

What display options are adjustable? Calibration?<br>

Is srgb the only safe space to use?<br>

What else should I be aware of? Should I prefer projection?<br>

Mostly: thank you, for those who choose to advise me!</p>

<p>I'm looking into 4K too. Right now I create slide shows with menus, captions, text, and music and some video if I have them. Then burn them on DVD in HD for my current HDTV 1080 using a video editing software. Works great. 4K should work even better. </p>

<p>I'd use flat screens; curves I think is a gimmick and will reduce the view if your guests are sitting to the side. </p>

<p>Not sure which type (OLED etc) are the best, but you get what you pay for. I've used Samsung LED on my existing HDTV's so I'll probably stick with Samsung with 4K because I've been satisfied. Check the internet reviews in any case to help make your decision.</p>

<p> </p>