45mm Tilt/Shift

john_hennessy4

<p>That's depressing: this is the first complaint I've heard about the 45TSE.<br>

My experience with the old 24TSE on the 5D was that Lightroom's CA sliders would ameliorate the CA somewhat, even when the image is shifted. With the emphasis on _somewhat_. Theoretically, you are supposed to apply CA correction symmetrically, so it shouldn't help, but it did. Somewhat.</p>

<p>On the 5D2, the old 24TSE was just too grody for words. The 24TSE II, however, is one of the two or three best lenses in the history of photography. (OK, maybe that's a bit over, but not by very much.)</p>

<p>I never got around to trying that (it sounded like too much of a pain at the time). Also, I never found CA all that irritating on the 5D. With the 5D2, I find CA problematic with many lenses (and the Lightroom CA sliders to be very helpful). It's too bad LR doesn't allow you to tell it where the lens axis is. Sigh. (Although that would still have the problem that you don't know where the axis was. Sigh, again.)</p>