42nd and Vanderbilt

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Phil S, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Phil S likes this.
  2. Phil S likes this.
  3. Norman 202

Norman 202 i am the light

i did something similar years ago. i photographed people leaving a major train station in the morning and entering in the evening. i then spent weeks trying to match up people to show their morning/evening demeanours. i got nowhere.

my problem was i tried to match people leaving with people entering (ie matching people’s faces with the backs of their heads) which was impossible so i gave up. aren’t i a twit, eh?

Uhooru likes this.
  4. It also reminded me of that scene in Smoke (great film) where one character shows the photoalbum of pictures taken on a street corner at the same time and spot everyday.

5. It's a good idea and even if hard or impossible to execute it could and still can lead to all kinds of creative places and constructs. Don't - never - give up on the seed...

6. Norman 202

thanks. a big problem in the uk (& elsewhere) is photographing on private property. in my case it would’ve been easier but illegal (i think) to photograph people on the station concourse

7. The line between public space and private property is thinning.

All the stories have been told
    Of kings and days of old,
    But there's no England now.

8. Uh, Phil, it should be "same spot every day," not "everyday." The latter is an adjective, as in everyday clothing, the opposite of clothing that is carefully chosen and stylish.

Sandy Vongries likes this.
  9. In defense of Phil we all do the typo thing when our fingers are quicker than our mind.

Me, Im just semi illiterate, and long words, and all that dots and tadpole quibbles just confuse me.

My mate Sandy gave a like........Uh, Phil, it should be "same spot every day," not "everyday." The latter is an adjective, as in everyday clothing, the opposite of clothing that is carefully chosen and stylish.

But he likes to think folk think him posh and clever and stuff:))

10. Sandy Vongries

Sandy Vongries Moderator Staff Member

Allen, so nice you're out again - do enjoy and make good use of the furlough from wherever it is they keep you most of the time. :D
    Posh, nah - I'm just a country boy living in rural Montana.

11. furlough

Had to look up that posh word, Sandy:))

12. Every day, Norman seems to have some cool ideas about everyday photography.

13. "Every day, Norman seems to have some cool ideas about everyday photography"Fred.

He does.

And his photos reflect this..

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  14. Norman 202

aw, shucks :)