40D - thumbwheel/set does not work correctly on "Jump" and setting manual WB

bueh

<p>Hi all!<br /> I have a weird issue with my EOS 40D body: On two settings the thumbwheel/Set button seem to be not working correctly. When I press "Jump" and try to browse the pictures, I cannot. The "image jump" setting pops up and I can "browse" the various settings (screen, 1, 10, 100 images etc), but pressing "Set" gets me back to the image and turning the thumbwheel is just regular browsing image-by-image. Somehow I cannot actually set the Jump option...</p>

<p>A similar issue occurs when I set the white balance to "K" and want to change the custom 5200 setting in the White Balance menu. Again, turning the thumbwheel does not actually change the setting (instead it moves the "cursor" to a different WB option), so I can never manually set a different °K than 5200.</p>

<p>Everything else works great on my camera but I am curious what is wrong with these two things. I updated the firmware to 1.1.1, but this strange issue persists. Am I missing something or do you have any other suggestions? Being not able to jump-browse is pretty annoying...</p>

Hi Bueh, I don't have my 40D with me right now, but I believe once you turn the thumbwheel (on the back of the camera) to "K" you would then use the main dial (at the top near the shutter) to actually change the value of K. The same might go for the "jump" funciton also.

If I remember right, the manual isn't very clear on this.