40.5mm metal lens hoods.

Mike , I just bought a New! Metal 43mm Screw-in Ventilated Lens Hood for my W-nikkor wide angle,that I just got for my contax IIIa. I had one for the Sonnar already. These are well made metal lenshoods that

you can see thru with a rangefinder. If you are thinking of buying one and need it soon,you might wait. Heavy2star is on vacation untill July 5th,so there is a delay in getting stuff from him. I thought for $15.99 that this was a very good deal.I also found that a old pentax push on lens cap fits perfectly over the lens hood.

Nicolas, Yes I did get the lens on friday.That is only 2 days for US Mail from the east coast. The lens is in great shape,I shot a roll with it this morning and hope to get your filter in the next few days. I will send you a photo when I get the lens hood.Thanks for asking.

<p><em>You think $16 for a lens shade is a 'good deal'?</em></p><p>Yes.</p><p>Well, if you don't want the vents, and are after a 40.5mm (or indeed 40.0mm) metal shade intended for 35mm focal length, and happen to be in Japan, then Ōmiya ("Hansa") will oblige for a slightly lower price (if I remember right), and the hood even has matching excellent, cheap caps. But if on the other hand you want a vented hood, then you can spend hours and hours digging optimistically in bins, or visiting estate sales (are they called?), or hours or hundreds of euros or both bidding on exotica in auctions.</p><p>Compared with these, Heavystar's hoods seem a good deal to me. They could be ever so slightly improved by a redesign to taper inwards, but this is trivial. Also, he doesn't (yet) do them in 40.0mm, but luckily I have a 40-43 step-up ring so that's no problem.</p><p>I don't doubt that some people here have Walz or other hoods that they picked up new and boxed for 20 cents back in 1976 or whenever it was that such things reached a nadir of popularity, but like it or not we're in 2005 now.</p>

Another vote for these hoods: I ordered a bunch of them (39 and 40.5 normals as well as 55 normal and tele) and they are great. The non-vented 55mm are also alot cheaper than the vented ones, which you do not need for a SLR. Really recommended!