<p>I've got an Epson 3800 and it prints color beautifully. But I cannot turn off the color controls to print in the Advanced B&W mode. I've done a series of test prints with every configuration of color management under the sun, but each time in the summary box, color controls are on and controlled by Color Sync. Even when all color controls are set to Off in Photoshop and the printer is set to print with Black only. On that setting, in fact, the image prints as about a 5% density. Can anybody tell me how you get to use the Advanced B&W feature? By the way, I'm on an Intel iMac 24" using Leopard and the printer driver is up-to-date. thanks</p>

<p>I can only comment on Photoshop and the 3800 on an XP machine...</p>

<p>1. Make sure that the color handling option in the PS print menu is set to 'Printer Manages Colors"<br /> 2. In the 'Page Setup menu, make sure that you've selected 'Advanced B&W Photo" from the Media Settings -> Color menu.<br /> 3. Under 'Mode' you should see the menu entry change to 'Color Controls'. If you click 'Advanced' you will be given various options for making your print warmer, cooler, etc.</p>

<p>I realize that this is apples-oranges as far as OS goes, but I hope it helps.</p>

<p>See this thread for an identical problem and potential solutions http://www.photo.net/digital-darkroom-forum/00SsIx.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>corrections from Robert explanation;</p>

<p>1_Make sure that the color handling option in the PS print menu is set to *NO COLOR MANAGEMENT* as if you let the printer determine color the shadow will probably block..dont know why..but its like that : )</p>

<p>You should anyway be able to print with the advanced bw even if you let photoshop determine color..</p>

<p>What system? what driver? what setting? can you post some screen capture so whe can see what you are choosing in Ps and in the Epson driver option?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Can anybody tell me how you get to use the Advanced B&W feature? By the way, I'm on an Intel iMac 24" using Leopard and the printer driver is up-to-date. </p>

</blockquote>

<p>You don't mention what version of Photoshop you're running. There IS a bug in CS4/LR2 where you essentially have to select Let Photoshop Manage Color and set the output profile to Adobe RGB (1998) with the Advanced B&W under Leopard. </p>

<p>Ignore the ColorSync area of the driver. </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>My version of Photoshop is CS3- I don't think it's any sort of conflict or bug. I'm at work tonite, but I'll post screen shots of my dialog boxes tomorrow AM, though I'm pretty sure I've tried every combimation I could think of. The thing that botheres me the most is that Color Sync is never 'Off' in my summary box. And that's where the color is coming from.Thanks for the help.</p>