35mm film roll scanner - buying advice please

Anyone with advice on what film scanner to buy that can take 35mm

film rolls and batch scan them to .jpg?

I have 200 rolls of film that I need to scan and I am looking for

the least expensive solution here.

(Any scanners that ALSO take medium format negatives?)

Thanks,

/Andreas

If these rolls are uncut, I suggest a Nikon LS-5000 with a roll feeder attachment. If cut into strips of 6 or less, you can use the LS-5000 or the cheaper LS-50 (and others). I presume you want photographic quality. A flatbed would be cheaper up front, but is slower to operate.

For 200 rolls of film, you will need at least 2 hours per roll if uncut, 4 to 6 hours per roll if cut. Hmmm! 400 hours at 8 hours a day will take you 10 solid weeks - if you take weekends off. Sounds like fun.

I have used a PAKON F235c film scanner. It will scan a roll of 35mm-36 exposure film in under 3 minutes with digital ice. This is the same scanner that many grocery stores currently use in their photo labs. Check -bay, they do have earlier models for sell at times. Also check with a local one hour lab,they may do it for $3to $4 a roll to a CD.

Good Luck

Bob

It depends what you are looking for. I would find a lab that offers photo CDs or something like that. The digital fuji and agfa labs can make CDs as can the other digital labs. With 200 films you may even get a good deal If you are looking for 720 high quallity scans then buy a film scanner and be prepared to work many long hours.