300 problem

erixphoto

<p>Has any one else expierienced this? Yesterday I was shooting a D300 with a VR 70-200 in manaual mode, aperture at 2.8. The on camera light meter would work on the my first shot and then peg to the left. Everyshot, the shutter had to be readjusted (even when the subject stayed the same). Sometimes the camera wouldn't let me go above 1/1000. Aperture priority also appeared wacked (shot exposure all over the place).<br>

Tonight will try different lens and different D300, wondering if maybe its a communication problem between the lens and camera, or a camera problem.<br>

I guess what I'm looking for are any ideas or previous similar experiences, before I ship the camera off to Nikon for a couple of weeks.<br>

Thanks in advance,<br>

Eric</p>

<p>It isn't the <strong>external</strong> cleaning of those lens contacts that H. Cremers mentions, it's the printed circuit <strong>flex</strong> to contact <strong>spring</strong> internal connections that becomes intermittent. This can be remedied by a careful solvent washing of this contact area after some <strong>slight</strong> disassembly.<br>

</p>

<blockquote>

<p>"maybe its a communication problem between the lens and camera"</p>

</blockquote>

<p> <br>

Some owners have grabbed the lens and wiggled the mount tolerance play to clear it up temporarily. Is that why you made that statement? </p>

<p>Sounds to me like the bracketing is on. On the right front side of the camera, there are two buttons. The upper one moves the mirror up, while the lower one sets auto bracketing. Hold the button and scroll the wheel until it says 0 frames. It'll stop doing what it's doing. I've done that before.</p>