3/8" tripod socket for Hasselblad V

kelly_grider

<p>Does anyone know where else beside Hasselblad USA I can look for a 3/8" tripod socket for my Hasselblad 201F? Hasselblad USA doesn't have these and I'm wanting to switch out the socket beneath my quick coupling plate. Any suggestions?<br>

Thank you.</p>

<p>Kelly Grider</p>

<p>The 3/8-16 tripod socket was a long-time standard in Europe. I don't know the present status. You could try contacting Hasselblad in Sweden via email. Older Hasselblad cameras (my 500cm, for example), have a plate with both 1/4-20 and 3/8-16 tapped holes. Otherwise, it would be fairly simple for a machine shop (or you) to drill out the 1/4-20 hole in the existing plate and re-tap it for 3/8-16.</p>

<p>That said, is this trip really necessary? What do you need to attach that requires the larger hole? Are there alternatives?</p>

<p>Michael, you need to read more carefully.</p>

<p>The "easy" ones to get are reducer bushings for 3/8-16 holes. Kelly has a 1/4-20 mounting hole and is looking for something larger. The Hasselblad mount is a flat plate under the Hasselblad Quick-Mount which can be exchanged by removing four screws. The only external adapter is made by Bogen/Manfrotto, and is a disk 1/2 inch thick and over 2" in diameter, with a 1/4-20 stud on the top and a 3/8-16 hole on the bottom.</p>

<p>Thank you all for your suggestions. I need to change the socket in the body of my camera in order to use the pistol grip I have. I use the quick coupling plate for mounting on a tripod. I thought this would be an easy thing to get hold of, but most people in the USA are switching from the 3/8", not to it, as is my case.<br>

Thanks again.<br>

Kelly</p>