28 / 2,0 Ultron Svart Review and thoughts?

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by carnalog, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Im, considering a new optic for street photography with my D3. Thinking about the Voightländer 28/2,0 since Im
    totally in love with the same 125/2,5 APO. Any thoughts on this? I hardly find any sayings about this optic among
    users on the net.

//Andreas

2. I'm not sure there is an F-mount 28/2 Ultron, just a Leica M-mount?

j

If there is, though, I'm interested...

3. As far as I know, the 28mm Ultron is only available in M mount. Do you mean the 40mm 2.0 Ultron? I like that lens on D3...

4. Andreas, theres a Zeiss ZF 28/2.0 but no Voigtländer. A tiny Ultron 40/2.0 does exist in F-Mount, too. georg.

5. Yeah, there is an Ultron for the F mount. It is manual focus. I don't know what people think of it, but I know the M mount is getting a lot of rave reviews. BH Photo carries them. Not sure about Cameraquest.

6. I see now, problably why I could not figure out why there is so little info about it heheh :eek:. Thanks for the
    swift help! Yes the 40/2.0 Ive looked at, even touched it, it feels nice, but right now I need something
    with a wee bit more angle.

Besides Zeiss that might be to much on my wallet, any other candidates as wide-angle to the D3?

7. Why not the Nikkor 28mm AIS F2.0 ?
    It can be found in EX condition on the used market and it is an exceptional (good) lens on DX and FF.

8. #walter yes its on my prospectlist, just havent found it though.