24mm f2.5 Tamron on R6

I am waiting for my Leica R6 to arrive from KEH and I decided to look for a 24mm lens. This is my primary focal length for shooting with film. I am normally a Lumix GX7 digital user but I also love to shoot film. I couldn't in any way justify what a Leitz 24mm f2.8 sells for so I found the Tamron with a Leica R adapter with it on EBay. Have any of you ever shot that Tamron lens on a Leica R camera body? I do have a 50mm f2 Summiron and the 35-70mm Vario-Elmarit R (60)

Don't do it! A Tamron on a Leica defeats the reason you probably bought a Leica. Save your money and get a Leitz 24mm or wider.

Don't do it! ? I have other Leica lenses and I in no way have the money to buy a 24mm f2.8 Elmarit. What would you say about using a Minolta lens or a Sigma lens. These have used as Leica badged lenses. Although I have used Leica cameras and lenses going back to the 1970's.

Although the Leitz 24/2.8 is a Minolta design, Doug Herr commented in his review of this lens that it was significantly reworked to fully take advantage of its design potential, and Leica's QC was much more stringent than Minolta's. The Minolta Rokkor 24/2.8, on which the Leica design was based utilizes a floating element and is reputed to be very good in its rendition, but has a rotating front element making its use with a polarizer problematic. I've owned many Rokkor lenses, but not the 24... generally they deliver very good overall performance, with consistency in color across all focal lengths which was much appreciated by newspaper editors back in the day. I guess you have to balance the cost vs the quality. Of course, it may become an irrelevant issue if you are typically shooting at f/5.6-8. I can't comment on the Sigmas, as I've never owned them.

You could consider the 1st version Leica 28mm Elmarit. This may cost less as it was replaced by a newer and better model, whereas the 24mm R only appeared in one (Minolta-derived) version so retains its value. The 1st version 28mm is excellent. I'm speaking hypothetically, as I have not checked their current ebay values. I had the Tamron Adaptall 28mm at one time when I was shooting Canon and had no complaints with it: don't know about the 24mm Tamron, but it has an almost identical design to the 28mm.
Robin Smith