21mm f2 om

leslie_cheung

Hey Neil, how do you attach the OM lens to your EOS-10D? I have a number of decent OM lenses and am thinking of getting a digital SLR. It would be really cool if I could use my OM lenses on a 10D or 300D, do you use an adapter? I've looked far and wide for such a thing but haven't found anything.

Yes, I use an OM-EOS adapter. It's really great to use the Zuiko lenses for digital photography! The adapter was a bit expensive (for me, it was about 19,000 Yen), as it's only 2mm thick, but it works! Please note that there's no autofocus (naturally) and you either need to use stopped-down (manual) aperture or always remember to press the DoF preview button!

<p>

The adapter is commercially available - I got mine from a Japanese company called Kindai International by contact of H. Masuda (h.masuda@kindai-inc.co.jp).

<p>

<i><b>UPDATE:</b></i> I have passed this info to a few people, one of whom (<a href="/shared/community-member.tcl?user_id=551241">Gene Wilburn</a>) got back to me with updated info. Gene made contact through a T. Masuda (email: t.masuda@kindai-inc.co.jp) and later told me that he had placed an order. I suggest you use Gene's information if you decide to buy one.

Because the OM-EOS adapter seems to be a mildly hot topic, I've given it a thread of its own <a href="/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=005v7q"><b>here</b></a>. Please post all future comments, queries, complaints, and discussions to the other thread. I've given it heaps of obvious key words, so it should be easy to find by a simple search for generations to come...