20D Version 2.0.0 Firmware

jim_larson1

Hi Jim, just downloaded the new firmware version 2.0.0. Unfortunately, I was having problem upgrading the new firmware from my CF card to my camera. It conformed that the firmware was in the CF card but at the same time said it cannot be upgraded. Can you tel me why? Would appreciate any solutions. Tim

<p>Just as a suggestion, if you're not having problems with your 20D's firmware and don't need the wireless adapter, it might not be a bad idea to ignore this update for a little while. It's generally a good idea not to be among the first to install a piece of software, as firmware 1.0.4 proved. Let others try it first, and then if it proves itself stable, go ahead and update your own camera.</p>

Ditto Steve Dunn's advice.

My 20D arrived from the retailer with the immediately previous version of firmware installed (v.1.1.0). I neglected to download that firmware version from the Canon website to have on-hand, just in case I encountered problems after installing the succeeding version and wanted to revert to the previous version for any reason. Unfortunately now, that window of opportunity has closed.

Nevertheless, I always wait at least a month before installing any new firmware release, and watch this forum during the interim to observe user experience and feedback.

Hopefully, this will be a stable firmware release, and Canon will have once again added one or more unadvertised tweaks to improve the camera's performance and/or image quality (without having to lose face by admitting to any deficiencies in the first place).