205FCC LCD display

lolver

<p>I've just picked up a 205FCC body and generally am happy with what I've found, however there's one vexing mistery - the LCD display is reversed.<br>

I would understand this if I was looking through a prism finder, I did and that's the right way round, but it seems illogical to me that with normal operation (i.e. WLF) it should be reversed. I re-seated the WLF, looked at the manual and visited several web sites but haven't found mention of this. Any ideas anyone?</p>

<p>The display should be the right way round.<br />As far as i know, there is a switch that is tripped when a prism finder is mounted, and tells the electronics to reverse the display. But only when a prism finder is mounted.<br />So my bet is that this switch needs seeing to.</p>

<p>P.S.<br>

The 'right way round' means that the letters and numbers should not be mirror-reversed, both when a prism finder or waist level finder is mounted. The position of the symbols 'flip to the other side' when a prism finder is mounted.</p>

<p>If your display appears reversed, your viewfinder is certainly not properly installed. The 205 user's manual recommends in this case to "push the viewfinder firmly forward until it stops".<br /> Actually, I recommend to be careful though when you'll "push the viewfinder firmly".<br /> I hope that this will help you resolve your problem Laurence.</p>