2012 London Olymics logo

This logo has just been released in UK. This 400,000 GB Pounds logo is for the

2012 London Olympics, critics branded it "hideous and uninspiring". What do you

think? i am sure most of you on here could do a better job, for a lot less

money too.<div>00LQEA-36872884.jpg.ac7393a6d2ac49906550a729438097bc.jpg</div>

From USA today:

"...LONDON (AP) ? An animated display of London's jigsaw-style 2012 Olympics logo, which has drawn an unfavorable public response, was removed from an official Web site Tuesday following concern it could trigger epileptic seizures..."

Not quite sure what any of this has to do with photography though.

Well, true- but this IS 'Casual Conversations' after all.

This logo is terrible, but there was a worse one once upon a time. Anyone remember the logo from the Atlanta games? I'll have to do a search for it. (If all copies ever archived haven't been destroyed for the sake of posterity.)

The same uproar went across the US at the time. Let me go see if I can find it.

<p>If this is their attempt to appeal to the young media-saavy generation, then (speaking as a young media-saavy person) they blew it big-time. I didn't even recognize those disjointed shapes as numbers until it was specifically pointed out to me.

<p>Here's some <a href="http://www.boingboing.net/2007/06/04/london_2012_olympic_.html">additional hilarity</a> on the whole mess.

Suppose I shouldn't really criticise without offering an alternative. The main text font is Crazy Loot in gullible green with a melting pound symbol and the date in the red is Vagabond, which we will all be shortly afterwards.

ps. this took me 15 minutes so how much an hour is that.<div>00LR8i-36889384.jpg.f6c89e8eee22756331897990cafd4d98.jpg</div>

NUMBERS YOU SAY? The logo is made up of numbers? Where? Does that half million pounds include glasses for everyone to see more clearly, or at least a pair for the artist?

I thought it was one of those prints that hang on a wall where if you stare at it long enough you see dinosaurs.

An <a href="http://www.gopetition.co.uk/petitions/change-the-london-2012-logo.html"> online petition </a> calling for the logo to be scrapped gathered 48,615 signatures by the time its organiser

announced on Thursday he had decided to close the petition for fear of causing further damage to the London Games reputation. <br><br>

Full text is :<a href="http://www.ft.com/cms/s/11716ff6-1457-11dc-88cb-000b5df10621.html"> London Olympic logo row goes global......</a> from FT.com.