2010 Website plans

sknowles

<p>I've had a Website for almost four years (since retiring), and while only a part of it is for my photo galleries, albeit not professional but just mine, most of my Website is for my <a href="http://www.wsrphoto.com/mtstart.html">photography guide</a> to Mt. Rainier NP (in Washington state for the less-geographically inclinded members). I'm still working on some of the missing subjects in the guide, which are scheduled to be finished in the first part of 2010. I'm also looking at rewriting and formatting many of the subjects into a book (initially on-line PDF's). </p>

<p>So my question to ya'll, and especially those who are planning trips to Mt. Rainier NP, I need to know what subjects or topics I'm missing and what current subjects or topics you'd like to see more information. The book is planned to be a general guide with maps (the whole NP and five sections - the four quadrants and the Paradise area) and links to the Website for the more detailed or current information. So, I'm open to suggestions, ideas, etc. what you or what you think photographers want or need to know about the NP for your visit and photo work.</p>

<p>You're also welcome to comment on the early (pre-NP) history sections. I'm also researching the early photographers who worked around Mt. Rainier after the introduction of sheet film (1890). It's amazing that the number of them took off where there are currently about, and maybe more than, 500 negatives in archives taken in the first ten years (1890-1900, became NP in 1899). I'm trying to research the photographers and find the archives with the negative to view and maybe locate them (as a friend said, "Good luck there." after a long gulp of a microbrew).</p>

<p>Anyway, that's it. And thanks.</p>

<p>Thanks. Folks are missing an opportunity here to add what they would want to know about the NP (nothing outside except general information to avoid competing with existing tourist Websites). I'm trying to finish up the content with all the sections which I can then do or update. I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything about the NP.</p>

<p>Much of the photo guide has been from suggestions from photographers. The plans are to finish the current todo list (3 photo sections and 2 history sections) and then work on the book version (PDF for on-line version) with maps to submit to a publisher or self-publish. I found a cool idea today about an iPhone app version. Someone has a photo guide to Arches NP on one. Just what I need for my one person business, more ideas to do.</p>