2 Many Umbrellas?

friskybongo

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Buff 51" white PLM only to discover that I already had one in my very messy storage closet along with three of their optional accessory fabrics.. I'm wondering if I should return it. What I'd be using it for are portraits of people and pets plus studio still life photos.

What do you think?

• Like 1

If you're into soft (very) lighting then placing two white brollies side-by-side or one above the other is an easy way to get a window light effect. Although obviously the eye catchlights aren't going to be continuous.

FWIW, I do take issue with calling a white reflective brolly 'Parabolic'. The fact that its surface is matt makes the dish shape pretty irrelevant, and no strutted fabric panel structure can be truly parabolic anyway. Why not just call it a moderately large white brolly? Which is exactly what it is.

I've never thought that I had too many mods. Or stands. Or lights. Or gadgets to hold stuff to other stuff. Or gadgets to hold that stuff to stuff. Apple boxes? Not enough. Fabrics? Not enough. Other stuff? Not enough. Cases of various sizes to transport stuff that I don't have too much of? Not enough. Space to store all this stuff? Not enough. Space to use stuff? Not enough. Money to buy more stuff? Not enough.

:)

On a slightly more serious side. I have two of those and do use them both occasionally.