href="http://theonlinephotographer.blogspot.com/2007/01/latest-from-rumor-

mill.html"><b>rumor</b></a> from MJ's site.<p>

Anyone have additional "info"? If true, the size of 5D for the next 1 series

body will be a huge plus for those of us who didn't care for the mandatory

battery grip and went for 5D instead.<p>

22MP...yummmm! But a possible change of lens mount? Unless it's backward

compatible with EF lenses by some sort of adaptor, that one might go over like

a lead balloon, methinks.

"The last shoot had a Canon rep come by with the new 22MP digi demo body. It is half the size of the 1Ds Mark II. They said they are hustling to make lenses that will work with what this body can resolve. They may even make a new mount again for an entirely new lens design. It won't be out before Phot Show East."

This is ridiculous. I can quite believe that there will be a new 1Ds Mk III, but it will not be "half the size of the 1Ds Mk II" and it will not have a new mount nor will an entirely new line of lenses will be needed.

Someone seems to have been ingesting mind altering substances as well as needing to learn something about cameras and lenses before they open their mouth!

I was just going to answer the same way Bob did...

"The last shoot had a Canon rep come by with the new 22MP digi demo body. It is half the size of the 1Ds Mark II {WHATEVER]. They said they are hustling to make lenses that will work with what this body can resolve [NONSENSE! B.S. meter!]. They may even make a new mount again for an entirely new lens design {more B.S.!]. It won't be out before Phot Show East." "Phot"... WTF?

Bob, "half the size of the 1Ds Mk II" might be a casual expression, but it's entirely logical to believe that Canon would make the battery grip optional on the next 1 series, as it should have been all along, making their next flagship the size of current 5D.

Regarding change of lens mount, if they even consider the idea seriously, I'm sure their management will weigh in all the pros and cons before making a decision. It will be a bitter pill to swallow for most professionals and enthusiasts alike.

Can someone translate the Japanese website linked above and tell us the important stuff in there.

'Bob, "half the size of the 1Ds Mk II" might be a casual expression, but it's entirely logical to believe that Canon would make the battery grip optional on the next 1 series, as it should have been all along, making their next flagship the size of current 5D.'

Actually there a lot of us that LIKE the battery grip on the camera and see no need for making it optional so to say it "should have been all along" is your own personal opinion rather than 'logical'. I would think to keep everything weather-sealed it would best that the battery pack is built into the camera.

With regard to the size of a pro body... I think things were better before the 1D series, when

the film one series bodies had the option of operating in compact or battery modes. Many

photographers will have their preferences and rarely use their bodies in the other mode, but

that hardly means that bigger is better. More versatile is just as better.

I'd love to see them go back to smaller bodies with add-on battery boosters--assuming they

can make a solid package (which was not the case with one or two earlier EOS models I

owned, but neither of these was a one series cam).

Seems odd to me that Canon would reveal a prototype in the company of a 5th assistant to AL and especially odd for him to post... I would think he would have signed a confidentiality agreement to work with her.

That being said, I say, bring it on! I'd love to see a 22MP 35digi.

A 22MP full frame camera does not out resolve current lenses. First they need to get rid of sensor bloom, then they can see what they can do about lowering CA which seems to be worse on DLSRs. I don't think there is anything left wrong with the lens mount to cause a problem with resolution. Canon already changed the mount once, and brought on EF-S lenses once. If they made another major mount change it would be great timing for Nikon to go full frame and pick up all the angry Canon pros.

"Seems odd to me that Canon would reveal a prototype in the company of a 5th assistant to AL and especially odd for him to post..."

If Canon wanted her to test the camera during a real shoot, I doubt they had much choice. It's certainly odd for him to post, but isn't using his real name. Besides, I doubt that he signed anything to stay quiet on this matter.

It's Korean, not Japanese, but it's likely just another web pundit dreaming up what they want to see.

It's all reasonable, but then so are most speculations. Nothing new here, nothing that makes it any more believable than the dozens of other sites who "know what's coming".

Though the following machine translation is somewhat garbled, that may not be inappropriate....if it were perfect English it would give it an air of greater credibility - which it doesn't have!

===================================================================

Canon EOS 1D Mark III: 12Mp x1.2, DIGIC III, 8,5fps, until the raw 25 every, dust removal and length grip crisis possible (grip den kit swelling up expression are like this), SD CF and the Wifi. (2007 January) - 3000Eur

The AF improve, anger quality of photometry improvement and the iso3200 the improvement and jpg anger quality improvement become accomplished plentifully,: The D it appears to be being an efficiency improvement which Jig 3 is common.

- Canon EOS 40D 10Mp, x1.6, DIGIC III, 5fps, dust removal, the ISO de 100 a 3200, AF side strong-point increases, or, improvement of AF efficiency Ye Sang Doem (the PMA 20074 month) - 1200Eur

The PMA the lenses which are 20074 month TBA

- Canon ef 200mm F/2.8 L USM IS -1000Eur

- In consequence of the fact that Canon ef 400mm F/4 L USM IS black -1400 Eur

- canon ef 10-24 F/2.8 L USM - 1200Eur

- Canon ef 24-70 F/2.8 L USM IS - 1000Eur

- In consequence of the fact that Canon ef 100-400 F/4 L USM IS (3) black that the water service which will become it is, box -1200Eur

The price is a forecast price or a drawing up volition hope price one possibility.

Again once emphasizing... lwu me Is. lwu me Petty there is a right equator and it tries to raise from information dimension.

And it is not confirmed lwu me one compared to...

ids mk2 succeeding model: It says that the some pro are doing test already. 22Mp The rumor will be above digic 3, 3 inch LCD and dust removal,3 degummed yarn... It remained and as the person who is a tester from the public piece being announced next year in April.

Origin it reinforces the square damp-proof portion which is November come into the market plan which will come and the bedspread which it says that ni information about the price of 1:1 reeds which will come out from the cone newly waits compared to comes out flowing.

And... One compared to... 1:1 reeds B causing to defecate with the supply elder brother, and the middle class elder brother coming out Rab ni all. As well next year April announcement

30d Currently 5d with it equips the almost similar evening sunlight in size and 5d as the reed which is cheap coming out does. Square damp-proof (it probably is a dust removal which probably is a place square damp-proof which becomes anti dust... it will not know well with additional function.) The cross sensor comes to be many. D Jig 3

Currently 5d 16Mp the sensor it is sweet in size and 5 degummed yarn and square damp-proof (anti-dust) the cross sensor comes to be many, the reed which affixes D Jig 3 coming out Rab ni all.

When it becomes like this and 40d middle charge all FF sensor runs last and 400d only the succession khu remains with Rob sensor and as.

Different contents the broad way which is confirmed it will amend.

The source: SLR club SundayShooter writing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

After right.. Is different and there is not a necessity which hangs. 30D Currently 5D with it equips the similar evening sunlight in size and 5D the reed which is cheap (Full Frame sensor -_-; )... 5D 1600 cartoons smallness it is sweet in size, in 5 degummed yarns square damp-proof. In cross sensor increase D Jig 3 loading one reed...

If well! the cranium it becomes. After right.. The writing it will hang with it is a level which the other company it will be completely destroyed already completely. It will break and it will break.. Is like this and nearly 30D genealogy other, the supply origination which comes out 400D the army bedspread where becomes the explanation.

The case it is like that... When "Canon ef 24-70 F/2.8 L USM IS - 1000Eur" it calculates nearly as Hanhwa, 120 all people places ~ too much under canh Oh! ! ! The IS it is sweet, that lens ni! ! Come out come out come out! ! ! The company it gives,! The company it gives,! ! !

khay Rice field eternity! ! ! ; ; ; ;

ps. lwu me It wins and but it comes to be happy somehow and from U the bullet it is an atmosphere must collect.

Yep, every January the people who know someone who knows a another guy whose brother is friends with a canon Rep post there predictions of the next camera.

My favorite was the post last year, of the picture of the new 1dSIII that had a coffee button on it.

M

I'm still waiting for the 500/2.8DO IS USM that was widely predicted (but not by me) a few years ago. Then there's the 200-400/2.8L which should be quite a hand (and wallet) full. As far as I know nobody has yet predicted an IS version of the EF 1200/5.6L...

I've also got shots of the EOS40D that was coming out last September and various other items which never appeared.

Well, some people will say, sometimes the predictions are correct. This is true. Even a clock that's stopped is right twice a day and if you make enough predictions, sooner or later one of them will probably be right.

What Bob says is pretty near right, but there have been a few genuine leaks as distinct from successful guesses. The grab shot of the 30D with the 85/1.2L II showed that new Canon kit does get an outing before being announced.

I used a 1V both with and without PB-E2. It was as solid as a rock and I never had the slightest problem with it. There's no reason to doubt that a revised series of pro cameras could offer the same versatility. If I remember correctly, the original 1D was heavy on electricity, and would not have been a good proposition powered by nothing more substantial than a BP-511 type of battery. I don't think that's true of the later 1D series cameras, for which it should prove a perfectly acceptable power source for many purposes in a re-formatted body.

Yes, that was Korean - and I too ran the Google translator over the web page:

<p>

<a href="http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fskyblue04.egloos.com%

2F2864840&langpair=ko%7Cen&hl=en&safe=off&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%

2Flanguage_tools">Translate the page</a>

<blockquote>

1:1 reeds B causing to defecate with the supply elder brother, and the middle class elder

brother coming out Rab ni all. As well next year April announcement

</blockquote>

Indeed:-) I'll just assume that is not quite an accurate translation...