1968 Chinon CS and a Chinon 135/2,8 = Love

I don't take my Chinon out enough. When I do, I usually throw the

55;1,7 or the 28mm on it. This morning, I screwed in the 135/2,8 and

headed out to the square for some light. The lens is a bit long for

the work I was doing, but I added some distance to my positioning and

shot away.<p>

Superia 400 film. These as well as others (digital and film) from my

market shots can be found at <a

href="http://nelsonfoto.com/showtime/">http://nelsonfoto.com/showtime</a>.<p><div>00D5MX-24983484.jpg.b6dab2109cd4c94ca5e719c6d437428e.jpg</div>

Glad they're being enjoyed.

I am rapidly losing faith in this photo.net endeavor. I do not know how much longer I can be a part of this community given recent policy changes, etc. You guys can always find me at nelsonfoto.com if need be. I have a phpbb forum plugged in, feel free to join and discuss whatever. Plan is to use it for photographers in my area to join forces, but see no reason why location should preclude one from chiming in.

I really just wish people who use this site as much as many of us do would simply ante up so this stupid, backwards assed hotlinking and advertising warfare could be done away with. It's ruining the works.

Craig

Stay around, let's keep the best forum here alive!

Ads? I don't see no ads or hotlinks :-) I don't see why people who have contributed / become subscribers should be faced with a barage of ads - perhaps they could be toned down or turned off for subscribers?

Privoxy, ain't it great!

Paul

C.E., your photo's are great. The give a colorful perspective to an ordinary event. Well, I presume this is an regular event. There is a regular farmers market in New Orleans every tuesday and saturday that you have inspired me take out my Retina IIIc and go and shoot it. Thanks.

Olivier - Good luck to you and pease share with us once you have some results. I am about 9 hours north of you in the NW corner of Arkansas... I keep thinking to find my way down to Nawluns for some photography and a spot of etoufe - will shout at you before (if!) I do, we'll go together for some eyecandy.

Paul - I aint goin nowhere at the moment. Just very concerned about current schemes to make a buck off this joint. I have learned to live with the ads, but the hotlinking is off my radar - I cannot abide by it. If they decide to go permanent with that method of fundraising, I will have to go my own way.

Frankly, I no longer think it is about making money to maintain the site. Brian has brought up yet again the matter of certain people waiting for repayment of investments. To me, sounds like pressure is on to pay the shark, and the shark smells blood. If this is the case, a push to force users to get honest and subscribe will not be enough, which may explain the short-sight on that end in preference for more aggressive (and in my opinion ridiculous!) methods. The hotlink appropriates your words - nothing I can do about the old posts, but I can refrain from enabling them further by lurking or avoiding the site altogether. There are other sites.

If it isnt about pressure to repay massive investment in ops, then I would think a crackdown on nonsubscribers and the amount of webstorage allowed should be sufficient. It will cut down on a lot of the garbage traffic and cut costs significantly while raising funds in the same move.

C.E. I have been meaning to get up to your neck of the woods. I have a goal of atending an L.S.U. game at each of the other S.E.C schools home field. I still have Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Arkansas to go. If you do come to New Orleans come down 167 through Ruston, Winnfield, Alexandria to Lafayette before heading east to New Orleans. If you do that you will see the three States of Louisiana. North Louisiana is typical southern culture, Lafayette is, ofcourse, Acadiana, and New Orleans is an island unto itself.

Nice inspiration, CE--I forget that sometimes there are good photo ops precisely where LOTS of people are gathered. I liked the girl reaching for the kitten in the basket and your wife posing like Rambo with a three-barrel semi-automatic disguised as a tripod. I've never seen veggies in such rich colors before, except maybe in those new ketchups for kids. Either its the Arkansas soil or the film. So I have to ask, What are the relative merits of these Fuji films that I keep hearing about on this forum, Velvia and Superia? I've got to try one of them (with one of my oldies, to keep the discussion on-topic).

<br><br>

PS. Likewise I appeal, hang around if you dare. Since they haven't removed the PATH/MTA thread yet, maybe there's hope for free speech and <i>really</i> getting to know what moves the people who make up this Classic community.

"then I would think a crackdown on nonsubscribers and the amount of webstorage allowed should be sufficient. It will cut down on a lot of the garbage traffic and cut costs significantly while raising funds in the same move."

Craig, This would imply that subscribers are contributing sense and non subcribers garbage. Sheer non-sense. Without eBay (Paypal), photo.net can not be subscribed to by folks from outside the U.S.

It encourages one to trade on eBay.

The hot linking idea is not workable as it does hijack anyone's post. It will certainly reduce traffic by driving people away for sure. Let us see how things are going to shape up here.