1963 SLR Cameras Compared

Discussion in 'Classic Manual Cameras' started by marc_bergman|1, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Modern Photography in their September 1963 issue has a nice comparison chart of all the available SLRs.

SLRs Compared 1 sm 2

2. The 35mm column discusses film and developers.

35mm 1 sm 2

3. Did you know Carl Zeiss was a toy maker?

TT 1 sm 2

4. Several light meters are tested this month.

MT 1 sm 2

5. Also a great issue. With the SLR comparison I'm guessing this issue would have been a keeper for some time.
    Anscochromes delivered the goods although they did tend to fade over the years.
    My dad had a lot of old magazines from those days but I don't think he had this one. Thanks again.

6. Mike - I'm glad I used so much Kodachrome back in the days. They still look good.

7. I used a lot of Kodachrome as well. I did shoot some Fujichrome R-100 (E4) back in the 70's especially when it was on sale. I liked it better than Ektachrome-X and High Speed Ektachrome. I never tried any of the Anscochromes in 35mm although I did shoot a few rolls of Super 8 GAF (Anscochrome).

8. Another great post, thanks for sharing. The article on using tele lenses is still useful today.

I liked the case of an old Ford swapped for a Minolta in THTH.

9. Thanks again Marc. The SLR comparison was very entertaining in that some of those cameras still command the numbers listed in the article. The death of film has been greatly exaggerated.

10. It is interesting how the best one isn't mentioned. That goes to show that best things are always obscured.

11. the rangefinder vs slr article is obviously not true, which means it was performed by amateurs.