17 Classic Cameras at a Wedding

<p>What’s a CMC guy to do for a wedding? Hand out his whole collection of Nikons and Pentaxes, of course!<br>

<br>

Here’s an approximate inventory of the gear I laid out:<br>

Nikon F3<br>

Nikon FA<br>

Nikon FE (3)<br>

Nikon FM2N<br>

Nikon FM (2)<br>

Nikon FG<br>

Nikon FM10<br>

Pentax H2a<br>

Pentax Spotmatic F<br>

Pentax K1000<br>

Pentax MX<br>

Pentax ME Super <br>

Canon QL17<br>

<br>

Film included approximately:<br>

Provia 100 (6)<br>

Portra 160 (5)<br>

TMax 400 (2)<br>

TMax 100 (2) (Wow, this is spectacular film. This was my first try, and I LOVE it.)<br>

Tri-X (2)<br>

<br>

Lenses were mostly 50mm, with a smattering of 1.4, 1.7, 1.8. Two other focal lengths were represented: 100mm (Nikon) and 135mm (Nikon & Pentax). <br>

<br>

The users were family and friends, almost exclusively the 8- to 25-year-old contingent. These kids had never really had their hands on film cameras.<br>

<br>

My instructions were two-fold. For the pile of cameras that had an “Auto” setting, my instructions were: 1) Focus, 2) Shoot, 3) Wind. For the pile of cameras that were manual metering, instructions were: 1) Focus, 2) METER! 3) Shoot, 4) Wind.<br>

<br>

The best part was that the younger generation had a great time with the cameras, each other, and the rest of the family. I posted all the good stuff to Facebook, so they got to see the results of their work.<br>

<br>

With over 500 shots taken, there were going to be some winners. While there are lots of good family shots, these are the ones I think are photographically interesting. And there are lots of them. Enjoy!</p>

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>There are a ton more, but I'll spare you. </p>

<p>The key bit of learning here is that these great old film cameras are completely usable by novices, and should be handed out with joy. I had a great time seeing everyone using my collection. They had fun. The cameras came back with a few smudges on the lens filters which were easily cleaned up. The processing costs were lower than hiring a professional. All in all, a great time was had by all.</p>

<p>Thanks for stopping by.</p>

<p> </p>