150mm lens with largest image circle?

john_hennessy4

If I'm not mistaken than it's a Nikkor SW (super wide) series which gives you a whole 400mm on f22 with a 106 degree but, it's weights around 1000g. Otherwise their W series gives you a 210mm on f22. Most of the light weight 150mm lenses are on that range and have various degree say 40 up to 60 on the image sircles. Rodenstocks 155mm Grandagon N is good for a 382mm on 102 degree but it's a heavy piece of glas too.

The 150 mm lenses with very largest image circles have been mentioned by Frank, the 150 Nikkor-SW and the 155 mm Grandagon-N. But like the 150 Super-Symmar-XL, these are large lenses and, in my opinion, make more sense for formats larger than 4x5. Sticking with plasmat lenses (like the Fuji-W that you are using), the current Rodenstock Apo-Sironar-S and Schneider Apo-Symmar-L have expanded coverage to 75 degrees. For example, Rodenstock specs the 150 Apo-Sironar-S to cover 231 mm diameter. The discontinued Apo-Sironar-W covered even more. Another discontinued lens with extra coverage but not extreme weight is the Schneider Super-Symmar HM.

Small, light and fairly cheap is the 150 G-Claron. I use mine for 5x7 all the time. Coverage increases as you stop down and I normally use it around f32. Downsides are dark glass at f9 and single coated. Coverage spec for this lens is usually given for 1:1 but I'd assume around 85 deg at F45 for infinity.