Hi all,<br>

I've recently come across a Crown Graphic that I'm interested in. It

looks immaculate, and I've very tempted.<br>

However, it has a 135mm Rodenstock Ysarex lens on it, and it

certainly doesn't look like original equipment.<br>

Does anyone know anything about this lens, and how it would compare

to say, the 135mm Schneider lens that I'm more accustomed to seeing

on an old Graphic?

The ysarex was supplied on polaroid cameras it will cover 4x5 just barely . It is a good lens and I beleive even has some lantham glass in it. So it will preform well but only for straight on with no movement some of the other 135's have larger circles thus allow more movement ,most notably the wide feild ektar which has a very large image circle indeed. Cheers George

I am not sure what the difference between the Ysarex and Ysaron line of lenses is but I have a 127 mm f/4.7 Ysaron and have gotten good results with it. It allows for modest movements @ f/22 when focused @ infinity. If the lines are of similar design I would expect you to have more coverage with the 135.

I just saw a sheet of film which was printed in my darkroom last night. It was from a 5x7 camera. I asked twice about the lens and was amazed to find that the picture was taken with the 127mm Rodenstock Ysarex from a Polaroid 110 camera. It was of a courthouse in Georgia and exhibited minor vignetting at all four corners. The image circle at f22 with infinity focus was about 7.5" or 190mm. I use one on my hand held 4x5 and could not believe that this lens is so good in coverage and image quality for 5x7. If used as a close-up lens there would be plenty of coverage without movement. Go figure.