<p>127 (not-mm) film it is an arbitrary kodak number assigned to <br>

an almost obsolete roll film it is 1 5/8 or 46mm wide.<br>

it is smaller than 120 film that is about 60 mm wide<br>

there is no more film available for<br>

the very old Polaroid roll film cameras and even some<br>

newer polaroid cameras. I think yopu can get pack film and possibly sx-70 film<br>

and not much else.</p>

<p>More commonly, the roll film Polaroids (previous to the pack cameras and long before SX-70) are sometimes adapted to take 120 roll film. If the back of the camera can be opened to reveal the back side of the lens and bellows, then there is at least a chance of conversion. I have an old 150 (I think) that I just open the back (in darkroom) and insert a pieced of slightly trimmed 4 x 5 Plus-X. Go out, take a photo, and unload in darkroom. Contact printing yields the same size print as the Polaroid originally made (OK, withouth the wavy boarders). It does take some skills to convert to 120 so generally people do that with the more expensive models.</p>

<p>I have both many 'type 127 roll' film cameras and rolls of 127 film. I also personally have 2 of those Polaroid Highlander Model 80 cameras, one converted and one not. I can tell you that If you want to convert it to a more modern film camera, you are better off converting it to accept type 120 roll film, because its easier to get and more versatile than 127 film cameras. Besides with the 100mm ~ f/8.8, 3-element glass lens it would be a telephoto lens for 127 roll film prints, even at the largest frame configuration on that format which is 4cm X 6cm its still slightly telephoto and more like a permanent portrait camera. I have converted the model 80 many times for other people too , and i can tell you that they are all happy that they can buy the film and have it processed at most any camera store that sells the film. 127 is not a typical format , and unless you plan to only shoot B&W and process it yourself, you are going to have a tough time finding a place to process the color film without shipping it out.<br>

<strong>Do the 120 roll film conversion is my opinion.</strong><br>

If you need help shoot me an email.<strong><br /></strong></p>

<p>Yes Zev, you are correct that getting 127 film is not a problem , but making the spindles to advance a roll and also having to create a masks on the camera, both for the image chamber for the film image frame and the eye piece to match what would be captured is not easy and is tedious. 120 roll film fits the original image frame of the Polaroid model 80B with no problems. You can take 6cmx9cm images and use the same unaltered viewfinder. All you basically need to do is fit the 120 spools, make a frame counter window and fabricate an advance knob. Its much easier than 127 roll film.</p>

<p>Well you have to drill a hole in the top for a film advance knob. Drill a hole for the frame counter window and then cover it with a red or green plastic material. You also need to grind the drill hole smooth for when the film backing paper goes by so no burrs are there to get caught on the paper. Also grinding off some rivet ends and some more metal in the chamber on the one side that the 120 spool will sit in . Then because the Polaroid roll film was a bit longer, you Ether make some spacers so the film spools will sit centered, or come up with another solution , like soldering or screwing in some sheet metal to take up the space. Then painting every thing flat black again....</p>

<p>Hows that sound? Are you good with tools? Do you need more direction ?</p>