127 slide film

Hallo? Hallo? Anyone here still interested in shooting "superslides" with their 4x4 cameras? If so, you might be interested in knowing that:

- Someone in Japan is buying large quantities of Agfa Aviphot film (an ASA 100 positive film for industrial aerial photography, produced in formats such as 240x76mm or 240x152mm), cuts it and respool it in 127 format. They seems to have quite a large stock of both spools and backing paper.

- This film is being sold through the net by at least a couple German retailers I know of, at price varying between €11.50 per item incl. shipping to €15 plus shipping. I'am not familiar with the situation elsewhere in Europe or across the pond.

- I've been using this film, purchased from different suppliers rather extensively over the past few years, and got mixed (although quite acceptable for my modest purposes) results. In most cases, the colours are quite OK - not akin to the old Afga consumers slide film, and rather reminiscent of Ektachrome. In a few cases, however, I've got a yellow tones dominance that might be of appeal to some photogs due to its "retro" scent, but I find it horrible. This seems to be linked to the film's age, but I cannot say whether the ageing happened chez moi (although all my films are refrigerated as a matter of principle) or rather at the manufacturers' premises.

That's all. I though someone might be interested.