116 rides again. Well, almost.

Dean, that's pretty damn good. Lots of creative thought and some simple innovation in getting the camera going again.

The photos were really good -- I like the almost panoramic feel to them.

And if you get tired of it, it can become a stealth lunch box, because no one would want to steal that "old thing."

By the way, where's the port for the memory card? :)

Really nice quality photos from that box. Pity that you didn't have time to deal with the dust bunnies though, as they take away from the images with lots of sky.

Now off to my chemistry lab to produce photosensitized sandwiches...

Dean that is one heck of a lunch box! Great pictures too. I like that big format - I'm almost sorry having bought an XPan! Can anything be done to the camera to avoid the darkeing corners? (although I kind of like the arty effect of it)

Mark Wahlster: There were a few different makes of box cameras in colors other than black. Not nearly as common as black, though. This camera was marketed as the "Vogue" model. A web search for "No. 2A Antar" turned up a French page that translated into this humorous blurb:

"Completely banal box... Where is the knack of the "Vogue model"?

Indeed, where is the Knack?

Mike Elek; I couldn't find the port either, but you can stuff about 75 mem cards inside it!

Mike Kovacs; I'll admit, I got an encredible amount of dust on these. I don't have this much trouble with enlargements, but contact printing 2 X 4 single frame negs brought out the "sloppy guy" in me, I guess. Sorry :) I'd never give anyone a print that looked like this. I may re-do them when I get the time.

Someday I'm gonna get a 5x7 camera. Or I'll build one, with a meniscus lens, of course.

Benny: I think the darkened corners are a fact of life with this box. The neg size is probably a little past the limits of the lens. Just a little.

I appreciate all of your remarks for all the old junk I put up here. Thanks to you all.

Dean