110 B&W film available

<p>Lomography store has announced they are taking pre-orders on new 110 B&W film in 24 exp. loads, ISO 100. They say they will ship in late May. The film is a bit dear at $7.90 a roll and the first production run is just 5000 rolls. They probably want to test the waters before making more (or adding color film to the offer).</p>

<p>This is just a heads up, no connection etc etc.</p>

<p>Pretty Cool that they are trying this, even if the price is a bit steep. I think something more like $5 a cartridge would have been easier to stomach... I have never developed my own 110 film before, I always use to drop off the color film at the drug store. I guess if I was going to try this I would have to locate some 110 reels to fit my tanks.</p>

<p>Dan, you can still order a Yankee Clipper II tank w/multi format reel from B&H Photo. They are $16.95 and they have free shipping on them right now. The reel can be adjusted for 110, 35, and 120 size film. They feel cheap but the one I had years ago worked fine. I lost it in a move and finally found an old 2 reel Yankee tank on e-bay that is a little larger but also has adjustable reels.</p>

<p>It looks like it is a sealed cartridge with no window in the back and no backing paper so you have to count how many exposures you've made so you don't keep shooting after the 24 exposures are used up. Maybe they'll finally get to making window cartridges with backing paper and frame numbers.</p>

• 1 month later...
<p>One addendum: At least in my Pentax 110, there is no way I would have gone on shooting after the roll was finished. The camera acted like any other camera at the end of the roll, just kept advancing and never cocked the shutter. Felt like the end of a roll. I didn't worry about counting this roll and won't worry about counting the next one. I am very stoked about this new film, now all I need is a B&W advantix/APS film for my Canon Elph Jr! I can keep dreaming, but my Pentax 110 loaded with this B&W film will keep me _very_ happy for my submini needs. Here's hoping that they sell enough of the stuff to keep the production running.</p>