sandy.

This weekend, I tried in vain to install the Canon Capture software

for my 20D. I am using a Dell XPS with 200GB. Since I already have a

10D, I thought I could use the same software to download pictures

from the 20D, but NOT! My Window XP is telling me that the 20D

software is unstable. I installed it anyway. My problem now is : I

cannot download any pictures from the 20D. My computer says the

canon Capture is already installed but the computer also failed to

recognize and find the Capture software for the 20D.

What did I do wrong? Help please.

Hi Robert,

I like my 10D, and the 20D is not a replacement camera, it is an additional camers, so can I do what you said, delete some software for the 10D and run both on the 20D?

Andrew, sounds wonderful to me, except I couldn't quite understand how I can save 2k... you have to excuse my ignorance.:-))

what about not using the software?

I never use it (hek is not even install).

I use a Dazzle card reader and it becames just like another hardrive. cut and paste to one of my folders on my computers and viceversa; when I take down to the store so their machine can pic up the pictures of my compact card then when reinserted I reformart it in the camrera and go on ( I have a 10D)

200GB of what? Is your drive full or something? If not, 200GB is interesting, but I don't know how it relates to your problem.

<p><p>

Do you have a virus checker? Disable it while following the previously given advice to uninstall all Canon software, and reboot, disable again your virus checker, and re-install.

<p><p>If that doesn't work, maybe you do need 400 GB of whatever it is you have 200GB.

<p><p>Have you checked with Canon tech support and support forums? That seems like a good first route.

Sandy, the suggestions about uninstalling ALL Canon software is a great one. Start "clean" and it should take care of any conflicts the double install may have caused.

The lockup with the 20D may be due to other [firmware] issues with the 20D. As you may have heard and new firmware should be posted on the Canon site soon enough that allegedly takes care of the lockup problem.