10 years of pictures onto DVD gallery - suggestions?

alain_jacquet

<p>I have been tasked with creating a DVD of my daughter's school photos over the past 10 years. I will be getting pictures from the parents (hopefully) in year folders. The idea is to give each of the kids in the class a DVD with pictures from the last 10 years, as a keepsake.<br>

I was thinking of creating a web interface for the front, with links to galleries on the disk. I could use Lightroom to create a web album for each year, which would then get linked to, but this might prove a bit of a challenge, especially because we are probably looking at around 4-5000 images! I don't have too much time available to put this together....<br>

There is also the option of using Picasa to create a "DVD" slideshow, but I don't know how well that will work when we have 10 years x 12 months per year + special events folders!<br>

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can put this together to look good, but not take months to prepare? If there is a software package that will do it, I am happy to buy it!<br>

Thanks in advance!</p>

<p>Thanks - I will go have a look at those. <br>

I have also had suggestions of using Picasa for face recognition, then saving the names into Meta Data, and importing that into Lightroom to create a separate collection of pictures for each person. - something I need to consider....! <br>

There is a programme that does exactly this apparently.... ProShowGold. <cite>www.photodex.com/<strong>proshow/gold</strong></cite>‎ <br>

I will give this a try when I know exactly how many images I will be dealing with..... </p>

• 3 weeks later...

<p>I would consider using software like ProShow to create a slide show with music. It does things like pans, zooms, etc. Very easy to use.<br /> With that when you create the DVD, you can have it include the source files on the DVD. I would also suggest looking at creating a HD blu-ray over a standard DVD.</p>

<p>Here's some samples of slideshows I created with ProShow</p>

<p>This one was created using one of the fancier ProShow templates, though the source photos that were sent to me were pretty bad resolution / quality:</p>

<ul>

<li><a href="

</ul>

<p>Here's a couple using digital photos, good quality sources. I just chose to randomize the pan and zooms</p>

<ul>

<li><a href="

<li><a href="

<li><a href="

</ul>

<p>These look quite spectacular! Thanks for sharing them. Now I can see what the outputs look like from ProShow. <br>

It seems like I will need to do 10 years x 12 months = 120 videos, and then link them from a front end webpage on the disk, perhaps. I guess it also depends on how many images are to be included, and at what size / resolution to fit onto a DVD. </p>

<p>Thanks for the samples!</p>